We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 206 Posts
    pierrot1010 Reply #1, 7 years ago
    Good day,

Today, someone reported to me that the resource is not saving.

There are two troubling points.

First when I save a resource, a small windows is showing that the resource is saving, but it's looping and we have to press F5 to refresh the page a select another resource.

I create teamplate varaible (input options as Rich text) named activity, and when I edit the ressource and I go to the template variable tab, the text area is not showing the text, and morever, I can not enter text.

The modx 2.5.1 web site has 3 language with babel. I an save other resource excepted resources at the 3 level.
    For exemple:

Concerts (20) => Container, Web link : [[~78]]
    - Concerts (78) => Container
    -- Funny concert (188) => resource I can not save

Is there another resource with 3 level, but all ressources can be saved.

All child ressources of the ressource is 78, can not be save.
    Same for the translated language of Concerts.

Some idea, why I save a resource, is looping and not saving?
    And why are text is not showing the text and I can not add text?

Many thank for your help [ed. note: pierrot1010 last edited this post 7 years ago.]
      • 206 Posts
      pierrot1010 Reply #2, 7 years ago
      Apparently, this issue disapear when I edit my template varibale (which is type: RichText) and I go to 'Template access' tab and I uncheck the template for which the Template Variable is used.

This is annoying because I need it with TinyMCE.

Can be tinyMCE be the cause?
      Cheers
      • Pierrot1010, are you getting any errors in your log? A common source of this issue is if you are trying to save special UTF characters in a database that has been collated for Latin.

If there are no issues like that, then the second thing I would say would be to look at the title. I believe my fix was implemented in a patch, so first, make sure your site is up-to-date. The issue that prevented children from saving was because I had some code in the page title of the parent resource. This invalidated the post data that was being sent to the save processor.
          Mat Dave Jones
        • Also, depending on your search indexer, you may not be able to save if you have a template variable that has a period in the name. I know for certain that elastica with SimpleSearch has issue with template variables that have periods because it signifies the value of an array (that does not exist).
            Mat Dave Jones
            • 206 Posts
            pierrot1010 Reply #5, 7 years ago
            Quote from: matdave at Mar 24, 2017, 09:02 PM
            Pierrot1010, are you getting any errors in your log? A common source of this issue is if you are trying to save special UTF characters in a database that has been collated for Latin.

If there are no issues like that, then the second thing I would say would be to look at the title. I believe my fix was implemented in a patch, so first, make sure your site is up-to-date. The issue that prevented children from saving was because I had some code in the page title of the parent resource. This invalidated the post data that was being sent to the save processor.

Hello, thank for your reply.
            I looked into my database. I selected my DB and then I went to 'Operations' tab. The interclassment is Latin1_swedish_ci.
            Should I change to utf8_general_ci. It's strange because I always choose utf8_general_ci.

I have MODx 2.5.1
            Do you recommand me to update to 2.5.5 (I never update a MODx shocked(...)

How can I check the log?
            The text is in frenc with éài" etc..
              • 932 Posts
              Oddly I had a similar issue a few days ago with one of the MODX sites that I maintain where I couldn't click to type text in the TinyMCE editor - but I installed tinymcewrapper and set that as the default text editor instead and it worked. (FYI Always use TinyMCEWrapper it's far superior).

You can check your error log in the manager by going to manager - > reports - > error log
                ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
                • 1,145 Posts
                donshakespeare Reply #7, 7 years ago
                (FYI Always use TinyMCEWrapper it's far superior).
                @LK hip-hop-rock-roll hurray for TinymceWrapper.

And that was just version 2.3. Version 3 is an elite-user maker!
                Coming to the Junction near you ...
                  TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
                  Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
                  5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
                  • 206 Posts
                  pierrot1010 Reply #8, 7 years ago
                  Quote from: lkfranklin at Mar 25, 2017, 06:56 AM
                  Oddly I had a similar issue a few days ago with one of the MODX sites that I maintain where I couldn't click to type text in the TinyMCE editor - but I installed tinymcewrapper and set that as the default text editor instead and it worked. (FYI Always use TinyMCEWrapper it's far superior).

You can check your error log in the manager by going to manager - > reports - > error log

Hello
                  Thank a lot for your advise and it solve my problem.
                  But now, I got a new one.

With Tinymce, I could have a css files for the Tinymce. In System setting, I also could create a CSS editor. It was particularely usefull if I need to add a class to a link, As for exemple a pdf class to have a pdf icon at a link. In that way, if an user want to create a link to download a pdf, he can add that class. Morever, mmy user need to add a class to a table.

With tinymcewrapper, looks good, but how can I add a class in the 'format selector' while I edit a resource?

By the way, I just observed, I can not create/edit a table

Does tinymce need to be installed as well?

Cheers [ed. note: pierrot1010 last edited this post 7 years ago.]
                    • 932 Posts
                    I'm pretty sure you can add custom styles in settings. Check dons website in his signature above though as he developed it and no doubt has good documentation for it on his site.
                      ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
                      • 11 Posts
                      Hello
                      This fix solved the "saving loop" for me:

https://github.com/modxcms/TinyMCE/issues/22