We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi all,

after my update php 5.xx to php 7.0.13 and modx evo 1.0.13 to 1.2.1 i got this error in my front end, backend still works.
    any ideas?

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_query() in J:\usr\www\users\wuertp\manager\includes\document.parser.class.inc.php(1318) : eval()'d code:600 Stack trace: #0 J:\usr\www\users\wuertp\manager\includes\document.parser.class.inc.php(1318): eval() #1 J:\usr\www\users\wuertp\manager\includes\document.parser.class.inc.php(4482): DocumentParser->evalPlugin('//<?php\n\nif(!cl...', Array) #2 J:\usr\www\users\wuertp\manager\includes\document.parser.class.inc.php(737): DocumentParser->invokeEvent('OnWebPagePreren...', Array) #3 J:\usr\www\users\wuertp\manager\includes\document.parser.class.inc.php(2234): DocumentParser->outputContent() #4 J:\usr\www\users\wuertp\manager\includes\document.parser.class.inc.php(2141): DocumentParser->prepareResponse() #5 J:\usr\www\users\wuertp\index.php(128): DocumentParser->executeParser() #6 {main} thrown in J:\usr\www\users\wuertp\manager\includes\document.parser.class.inc.php(1318) : eval()'d code on line 600

thanx in advance!
      • 953 Posts
      The mysql_ function is no-longer supported by Evo 1.2.1 and PHP 7+

Which means, you have something that uses old code and as such, it breaks the site

If you have updated using the standard process, you may not have updated all of your snippets. Which means you will have to cross reference the snippets on your server with those in the zip file. Find out which ones haven't been updated and then update them manually

If that doesnt help, you may have snippets / modules that are solely stored in the database which have outdated code

If the problem persists, you will have to disable your snippets etc. one at a time to find out which one is causing the problem - to note is though, you may have multiple outdated snippets [ed. note: iusemodx last edited this post 7 years, 1 month ago.]