We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 42 Posts
    Hi all, hope you can help.

I am using MODX Revo 2.5.5

I have a multi-context site with different website 'owners' for each website. They have been running for a while now and I have recently re-worked how they go together and taking advantage of Context Settings to reduce the amount of templates involved (and dev time of course).

I have one setting that needs to be changed on a monthly basis by the owner but I want to keep the rest of the settings (created under the 'Core' Namespace) away from fiddling hands where they could break an aspect of the website.

The only way I can see of doing this is with a bespoke Namespace that I then give the owner access to through ACLs. But, I don't know how to go about creating a Namespace (I see the area to do it but don't understand the core path or asset path information). For example, can a new Namespace also have the path of {core_path} if I am only using it for a simple text setting? Is this even the right approach?

Your help would be much appreciated, thank you.

This question has been answered by tobyyoto. See the first response.

[ed. note: tobyyoto last edited this post 7 years ago.]
    • discuss.answer
      • 42 Posts
      [[closed]]

I've managed to find an Extra called ClientConfig that does what I need.