We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    I have the following problem:

I moved a website to a new server, did a clean install and could log in to the manager.
    But after i imported the old database (cleared cache in manager and core/cache) i can't log in.
    It says the username or password are incorrect, eventhough i used the same username and password.
    I used the forgot password button and tried setting the password manually in the database but that didn't work either.
    I am at a loss how to solve this problem. Can anyone please help me?

These are the server settings:
    php: 5.6.28
    apache:2.4.23
    ssl: yes
    database: 10.0.28-MariaDB

I hope anybody can help me.

This question has been answered by BobRay. See the first response.

• 5 Posts
      When i look at the error.log i see the following:

[2017-03-15 15:26:18] (ERROR @ /home/mfrinsma/domains/mfrinsma.nl/public_html/core/xpdo/om/xpdoobject.class.php : 543) Error 42S22 executing query: SELECT `modUser`.`id` AS `modUser_id`, `modUser`.`username` AS `modUser_username`, `modUser`.`password` AS `modUser_password`, `modUser`.`cachepwd` AS `modUser_cachepwd`, `modUser`.`class_key` AS `modUser_class_key`, `modUser`.`active` AS `modUser_active`, `modUser`.`remote_key` AS `modUser_remote_key`, `modUser`.`remote_data` AS `modUser_remote_data`, `modUser`.`hash_class` AS `modUser_hash_class`, `modUser`.`salt` AS `modUser_salt`, `modUser`.`primary_group` AS `modUser_primary_group`, `modUser`.`session_stale` AS `modUser_session_stale`, `modUser`.`sudo` AS `modUser_sudo`, `modUser`.`createdon` AS `modUser_createdon`, `Profile`.`id` AS `Profile_id`, `Profile`.`internalKey` AS `Profile_internalKey`, `Profile`.`fullname` AS `Profile_fullname`, `Profile`.`email` AS `Profile_email`, `Profile`.`phone` AS `Profile_phone`, `Profile`.`mobilephone` AS `Profile_mobilephone`, `Profile`.`blocked` AS `Profile_blocked`, `Profile`.`blockeduntil` AS `Profile_blockeduntil`, `Profile`.`blockedafter` AS `Profile_blockedafter`, `Profile`.`logincount` AS `Profile_logincount`, `Profile`.`lastlogin` AS `Profile_lastlogin`, `Profile`.`thislogin` AS `Profile_thislogin`, `Profile`.`failedlogincount` AS `Profile_failedlogincount`, `Profile`.`sessionid` AS `Profile_sessionid`, `Profile`.`dob` AS `Profile_dob`, `Profile`.`gender` AS `Profile_gender`, `Profile`.`address` AS `Profile_address`, `Profile`.`country` AS `Profile_country`, `Profile`.`city` AS `Profile_city`, `Profile`.`state` AS `Profile_state`, `Profile`.`zip` AS `Profile_zip`, `Profile`.`fax` AS `Profile_fax`, `Profile`.`photo` AS `Profile_photo`, `Profile`.`comment` AS `Profile_comment`, `Profile`.`website` AS `Profile_website`, `Profile`.`extended` AS `Profile_extended`, `UserSettings`.`user` AS `UserSettings_user`, `UserSettings`.`key` AS `UserSettings_key`, `UserSettings`.`value` AS `UserSettings_value`, `UserSettings`.`xtype` AS `UserSettings_xtype`, `UserSettings`.`namespace` AS `UserSettings_namespace`, `UserSettings`.`area` AS `UserSettings_area`, `UserSettings`.`editedon` AS `UserSettings_editedon` FROM `modx_users` AS `modUser` LEFT JOIN `modx_user_attributes` `Profile` ON `modUser`.`id` = `Profile`.`internalKey` LEFT JOIN `modx_user_settings` `UserSettings` ON `modUser`.`id` = `UserSettings`.`user` WHERE `modUser`.`username` = ? ORDER BY `modUser`.`id` ASC - Array
      (
      [0] => 42S22
      [1] => 1054
      [2] => Unknown column 'modUser.createdon' in 'field list'
      )
        • 5 Posts
        I forgot, this preceeds the previous message:
        [2017-03-15 15:26:18] (ERROR @ /home/mfrinsma/domains/mfrinsma.nl/public_html/core/xpdo/om/xpdoobject.class.php : 240) Error 42S22 executing statement:
        Array
        (
        [0] => 42S22
        [1] => 1054
        [2] => Unknown column 'modUser.createdon' in 'field list'
        )
        • discuss.answer
          • 24,544 Posts
          It sounds like you installed the current version of MODX, but imported a DB from an earlier version (or skipped over some major updates on the previous site).

The safest thing would be to start over and install the same version of MODX at the new site that's running at the old one before importing the DB. Then upgrade the site, making sure to hit all the major releases: 2.3.0, 2.4.0, 2.5.0.

If you're feeling daring, or are pressed for time, you can try the solution described here.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 5 Posts
            Quote from: BobRay at Mar 15, 2017, 05:23 PM
            It sounds like you installed the current version of MODX, but imported a DB from an earlier version (or skipped over some major updates on the previous site).

The safest thing would be to start over and install the same version of MODX at the new site that's running at the old one before importing the DB. Then upgrade the site, making sure to hit all the major releases: 2.3.0, 2.4.0, 2.5.0.

If you're feeling daring, or are pressed for time, you can try the solution described here.

Thanks Bob, I found your solution earlier and fixed the problem!
              • 24,544 Posts
              I'm glad you got it sorted. smiley
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting