We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    princeofanimation Reply #1, 7 years, 1 month ago
    Hi All, Help Needed,

Last year in 2016 a company Illusion Groups - www.illusiongroups.com/free-website/ given a Free ecommerce website development service to me, and the e-commerce website was developed on MODX 2.4 and it was working perfect but I changed the website hosting myself in Feb last month then problems start coming..

In Feb, I shifted my ecommerce website hosting from their Free hosting server to my paid server, after that few of my ecommerce website features stopped working and some design also start giving problem and not coming as they should be, few more problems are there like add to cart feature is not working, images are not coming properly, photo zoom feature, website is now too slow to load, etc.

I Don’t know why its happening, I can code but I did website transfer 1st time.
    Is this about server misconfiguration?
    Is this happening because I got free website development from Illusion Groups?
    Are they code it wrong?
    Did I made any mistake while transferring the website?

I am unable to understand this problem. As I am unable to do any sales from my website from last 1 month, please help me someone…
    Please help [ed. note: princeofanimation last edited this post 7 years, 1 month ago.]
      • 24,544 Posts
      It sounds like your site is a WordPress site. This is a forum for MODX, not WordPress. You should ask your question on a WordPress user forum. Good luck.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 3 Posts
        princeofanimation Reply #3, 7 years, 1 month ago
        Quote from: BobRay at Mar 12, 2017, 08:56 PM
        It sounds like your site is a WordPress site. This is a forum for MODX, not WordPress. You should ask your question on a WordPress user forum. Good luck.

Please revert only after reading the full msg, otherwise do not revert only in the name of reverting.
        I did not shared my URL, coz 1st that is now not working and I am shifting it again, 2nd that is something different type of site.
          • 24,544 Posts
          You said this:
          the e-commerce website was developed on WordPress 4.6

At no point do you mention MODX in your original message or in your reply.

My MODX Extras
            • 3 Posts
            princeofanimation Reply #5, 7 years, 1 month ago
            Quote from: BobRay at Mar 13, 2017, 09:39 PM
            You said this:
            the e-commerce website was developed on WordPress 4.6

At no point do you mention MODX in your original message or in your reply.

I fixed the msg, after confirming from a tech person who checked my site, Its developed on MODX 2.4, and the original msg was given by the tech person who checked my site and told me to post this msg here... now he said my mistake WordPress was written there. he confirmed that its developed on MODX 2.4
              • 24,544 Posts
              Thanks for clarifying that. smiley

We have no way of knowing what happened and would need a lot more information in order to help you. I can make some wild guesses.

If the MODX Manager is running with no problems, it's unlikely that it's a server configuration problem.

You could definitely have some hard-coded paths for images and CSS files somewhere on your site that are pointing to the old server. You could also have put some of the image files in the wrong places, or there could be permissions issues with the folders where you stored the images.

If you do a "View Source" on a page with broken images or CSS problems, you can see where it's looking for the image and CSS files.

It's entirely possible that the eCommerce features are somehow tied to your original host. Another possibility is that the eCommerce platform you're using requires a key file or something similar that you didn't transfer, put in the wrong place, or has the wrong contents for your current server. It could also be a problem with your SSL certificate.

To be honest, your best option would be to find someone who is familiar with both MODX and your eCommerce platform and hire them to fix the site. You could easily spend months looking for the problem and never fixing it. A good troubleshooter might be able to fix it in a few days or less.

My MODX Extras