We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 670 Posts
    Hi all.
    My server is running phpMyAdmin Version 4.0.10.14, and php Version 5.4 and it has been recommended to upgrade to phpMyAdmin V 5.4 and PHP7.

Has anyone encountered any issues with their Modx sites when performing such an upgrade?

Thanks
    Andy
      • 60 Posts
      You didn't say which version of MODX you are running.

I didn't have any problems with MODX 2.3 when I upgraded from PHP5.4 to PHP7. None of the MODX addons caused any problems.

If you are upgrading to MODX 2.5.5 you need to check your mySQL server as well.
        Michael Regan
        TIMR Web Services
        Phone: 250.218.5284
        Eamil: [email protected]
        • 670 Posts
        Quote from: timrca at Mar 08, 2017, 09:50 PM
        You didn't say which version of MODX you are running.

I didn't have any problems with MODX 2.3 when I upgraded from PHP5.4 to PHP7. None of the MODX addons caused any problems.

If you are upgrading to MODX 2.5.5 you need to check your mySQL server as well.

Thanks - I'm already upgraded to 2.5.5 and all seems to be running OK (although when I update the Serc SEO tab extra, it breaks the site - hence the decision to upgrade software).
        The hosting company will upgrade mySQL to V5.6 too as part of the upgrade. Does that sound right?