We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 209 Posts
    Dear all,
    it has been a long time I do not write in this forum! I had no problem with MODx since a long time!

I manage a website but suddenly I am not able to modify snippets anymore. I hit the "Save" button, but although the "Saving" popup appears, the changes have not been saved. I can modify the snippets from MySqlAdmin.

Could be a problem of permissions? I have two users: one has all hidden apart from the resources, while the other (the one I am using to modify the snippets) has "sudo". I can modify templates, chunks, etc., the bugged behavior is only for (all) the snippets.

No error appears in the log I can look at from within the backend.
      Daniele "MadMage" Calisi
      • 24,544 Posts
      If you're a sudo user, it's definitely *not* MODX permissions.

Over 90% of the time, this issue is caused by a change in the mod_security rules on the server.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 209 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Mar 08, 2017, 05:36 PM
        If you're a sudo user, it's definitely *not* MODX permissions.

Over 90% of the time, this issue is caused by a change in the mod_security rules on the server.

Thanks for the quick answer.
        However, I have this problem only for snippets, is it possible that mod_security affects only snippet saving? I can save templates, chunks, etc.

Anyways, I disabled mod_security and it works (???). What are the settings of mod_security that affects only the saving of snippets? I do not like the idea to completely switch off mod_security.
          Daniele "MadMage" Calisi
          • 24,544 Posts
          I'm just guessing (IIRC, there is a mod_security log somewhere that would tell you), but maybe it objects to the opening PHP tag.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting