We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 409 Posts
    Hi,

I have an issue with the menu (generated with Wayfinder) in a special context :
    - on a website, I have 3 usergroups : Administrators, Group1, Group2
    - the Group1 can manage severals resources on the MODX Manager
    - the Group2 can manage severals others resources
    - Administrators can obviously manage all the resources

Whene an Admin is connected, there is no problem, neither in back or front-office.
    Here what the menu looks like when everything is OK :

When a user from the Group1 is connected, he can edit his resources without problem on the BO. But if he go to the front-office of the website, the menu is not full developed :

And if it's a user of the Group2 which is connected to the BO, on the front-end it's look like this :

In both cases, after a user deconnection, the front-end is come back to the normal

I have looked on a lot of places to solve the issue : access control policies, group resources, roles, cache cleaning, modx reinstallation...
    But I'm missing something.

And now I need your help before have another headache !!!
      • 409 Posts
      Precision : I have a second wayfinder call on the main footer of the website.
      The problem is also present on this menu (same entries disappears)

I also have enable the debug mode for Wayfinder, but I didn't find anything...
      I can post it here on the 3 cases if it can help.
        • 131 Posts
        Spheerys,
        It does sound like an issue with the resource groups and user access policies rather than Wayfinder - but Wayfinder can cause issues sometimes when used across contexts. To rule Wayfinder out, you could hard code your page links directly into your page template and remove Wayfinder. It the problem is gone, it's Wayfinder. If the problem is still there, then it is likely Resource Groups / Access Control.

In our websites where we have different logged in user groups wanting to see different menus, we create the resource group consisting of the correct pages for a certain group (Content -> Resource Groups). Then for the User Group (Group1, Group2) etc we add a Resource Group to the User Groups (System - > Access Control Lists -> right click your user group -> Update User Group -> Resource Group Access tab -> right click your resources group and 'Update Resource Group Access'. (Or click 'Add Resourece Group' if you haven't added one for this user group yet.) Then fill in the correct Resource Group, Context 'web' (or whatever context it should be if you have created new ones), Minimum Role 'Member - 9999', Access Policy 'Resource'. Hopefully this will work.

If that's not it, sometimes contexts can screw things up with access, so maybe if you have created new contexts you need to check the front end is loading the right context.
        Bon courage.
          • 24,544 Posts
          Another thing to consider if you have multiple contexts is the &contexts property in the Login snippet tag:

[[!Login? &contexts=`web,context2,context3`]]

Without it, users will only be logged into the 'web' context and won't have access to resources in other front-end contexts.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting