We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 89 Posts
    I am having issues with the manager across multiple sites on the same server. I have tried to reinstall and update both ModX and all my plug-ins from fresh files. Here is what I am seeing:

• Parts of the resource or elements tree are missing
    • white screen that only shows "save, delete, duplicate...." buttons

These things seem to happen randomly. I'll be able to work for a few minutes, then something goes wrong. Generally refreshing the page will fix the issues. I'm attaching a screen shot of the javascript errors. I'm working with Revolution 2.5.4.

Anyone have any ideas?
      • 43 Posts
      Quote from: rrswans at Feb 14, 2017, 12:29 AM
      I am having issues with the manager across multiple sites on the same server. I have tried to reinstall and update both ModX and all my plug-ins from fresh files. Here is what I am seeing:

These things seem to happen randomly. I'll be able to work for a few minutes, then something goes wrong. Generally refreshing the page will fix the issues. I'm attaching a screen shot of the javascript errors. I'm working with Revolution 2.5.4.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi rrswans, sometimes I have similar error when I move a site from hosting, what I recommend to do is in the table system_settings from your database, put zero (0) in compress_css and compress_js fields, then clear core/cache folder and clear cache of your browser, I hope this help.
        @yulianita
        • 89 Posts
        Those values are already set to "0". Anyone have other ideas?

Quote from: yuliyepes at Feb 21, 2017, 04:41 PM
        Quote from: rrswans at Feb 14, 2017, 12:29 AM

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi rrswans, sometimes I have similar error when I move a site from hosting, what I recommend to do is in the table system_settings from your database, put zero (0) in compress_css and compress_js fields, then clear core/cache folder and clear cache of your browser, I hope this help.
          • 24,544 Posts
          If nothing else works, you can try disabling all plugins (right click on them in the tree, select deactivate plugin, then delete all files in the core/cache directory before testing).

If that fixes things, you can bring them back one at a time until the site breaks to see which is the culprit.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting