We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 322 Posts
    Is it possible to use the constraint fields (or some other method) to set up customization for more than one template at a time? For instance, if I have four templates assigned to a particular category, like "product", is there some way to set up the equivalent of "template category = 'Product'", or else "template is in_array('1','7','10','11')"? That would certainly be easier than having to set up exactly the same customization options for each template separately.
      • 24,544 Posts
      Do you mean that you want to customize the Create/Edit resource form based on the Template used by the resource being edited?

I don't think the FC rules allow a comma-separated list in constraints, though it would be a nice feature.

If you just want to hide some things, you could do it with a plugin connected to OnDocFormPrerender and some CSS. The plugin could respond to multiple plugins. In theory, the plugin could also handle some other FC tasks, but that would be trickier.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting