We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    I'm having, what seems like it would be a very simple issue, with Articles and TinyMCE Rich Text Editor.

When I create an Article, and un-toggle the editor to paste my story in plain text, the CSS values in the ArticleRowTpl are respected. But when I leave the rich text editor toggled and enabled, even when I explicitly left-align my text, it's ignored in the Tpl and centered in the container.

What the heck is going on? Why is it ignoring that single value? All other CSS properties are unaffected.

# EDIT 1 #
    I've tried changing the site's rich-text-editor to CKEditor, but not Articles is no longer using the right editor and has reverted to Ace. I need to find the Articles specific settings. Wherever they may be. [ed. note: payneco last edited this post 7 years, 2 months ago.]
      • 1,145 Posts
      Try https://modx.com/extras/package/tinymcewrapper

New version coming soon too
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 24,544 Posts
        When I use the windows-10 theme with elFinder and call the connector directly, the X to close the window is invisible. The close button is there -- if you hover over it, the cursor changes, and you can close the window by clicking on it, you just can't see it.

It's visible when elFinder launches through TinyMCE (and for the other themes), but not when the connector is called directly from a dialog. I tried everything I could think of messing with the CSS in Chrome Dev. tools (z-index, visibility, color, etc.), but nothing worked.

It's not a big deal, but it's bugging me and I'm wondering if you see it too in TinyMCEWrapper.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 1,145 Posts
          Yup, all of them are damaged to different degrees by latest elFinder core from at least 2.20 +

windows-10
          moono,
          material
          bootstrap

Some elFinder critical patches were made that has caused me sleepless mornings. So, I am just going to abandon those cute themes for now
            TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
            Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
            5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
            • 24,544 Posts
            I think osx is the best-looking theme anyway.
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting