We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 74 Posts
    Is it possible to specify the theme when embedding TinyMCE in a custom manager module via the "invokeEvent" method below?

$event_output = $modx->invokeEvent("OnRichTextEditorInit", array('editor'=>$modx->config['which_editor'], 'elements'=>array('tvmailMessage')));

Specifically I would like to use the Simple theme.
      • 1,145 Posts
      If you explain further in common-man's tongue, I just might be able to help you wink
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 74 Posts
        It seems at the moment that the TinyMCE Bridge code only supports the theme selected in the Configuration, the "Introtext" theme specifically for the Introtext, and "Inline" and "webuser" themes for when the RTE is used on the front end.

I can't figure out how to make TinyMCE use anything other than the theme specified in Configuration when using the plugin in my own custom Module via the "InvokeEvent" method above.

Quote from: donshakespeare at Jan 20, 2017, 07:43 AM
        If you explain further in common-man's tongue, I just might be able to help you wink
          • 1,145 Posts
          Question: which MODX Extra is supplying your TinyMCE?
            Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
            5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
            • 74 Posts
            I'm creating a custom Module and using the stock standard TinyMCE4 that comes with MODX 1.2.x

The plugin is labelled:
            4.3.7.2 Javascript WYSIWYG editor

Quote from: donshakespeare at Jan 23, 2017, 07:07 AM
            Question: which MODX Extra is supplying your TinyMCE?
              • 1,145 Posts
              AH, this seems you are working with Evolution.

I thought otherwise and would have recommended my Extra for your project.
              https://modx.com/extras/package/tinymcewrapper