We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 97 Posts
    Hi Forum,

I've a question on Newspublisher pagetitle:
    The pagetitle is repeated quite often due to Editors have to input their names as pagetitle.
    So as a Admin it is pretty annoying to identify unique ressources to delete. (Editors see them quite well themselves over NP-Update listing).

In the frontend the Newspublisher News are well identified over the pagealias.
    So the question is what to do to make the NP-ressources identifyable faster in the page-tree for the admin, f.e. by alias number?
    A combination of pagetitle_alias as pagetitle written automatically would be great.

I've set &aliastitle=`0` which writes my page-alias automatically but as said pagetitle is set by Editors input. What would be a good solution for that ... any ideas?

This question has been answered by donshakespeare. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 1,145 Posts
      I am trying to understand you.

The pagetitle is repeated quite often due to Editors have to input their names as pagetitle.
      So as a Admin it is pretty annoying to identify unique resources to delete. (Editors see them quite well themselves over NP-Update listing).
      Editors often use their names as pagetitle, and this habit causes duplicate names in the resource tree which is hard to sort out?

Idea A

1. Go to System Settings
      2. Filter and find:
        resource_tree_node_name
        Specify the Resource field to use when rendering the nodes in the Resource Tree. Defaults to pagetitle, although any Resource field can be used, such as menutitle, alias, longtitle, etc.
      3. Note, this will affect all resources, not just the NewsPublisher resources

Idea B

1. Use a grid Extra like Collections
      2. Put all your NewsPublisher resources under a common parent which will be the Collections Container.
        All your NewsPublisher resources will then disappear from the official MODX Resource Tree, and be listed within the Collections Container parent in edit mode
      3. You can now fine-tune Collections Settings and decide what fields to show.
      4. You might be able to use a snippet to return EXACTLY what you want pagetitle+abbreviatedAlias

Sorry if I completely misunderstood you.
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 97 Posts
        Thank you - thats exactly I was looking for!!
          • 1,145 Posts
          Glad that got your issue sorted out.
            TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
            Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
            5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.