We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi,

I've just deployed a development version of a site to the client's server. The site is working, and manager was working OK. But now the manager is just displaying the top nav bar, and the configuration check when I log in. None of the other pages are displaying and the menu items aren't working (except for logout, that still works).

I've tried setting compress_css and compress_js to 0 in the DB, deleting MODX's cache and clearing the browser cache. Once I'd done that I could then see the Resources, Elements, Files menus, but with nothing below them. And once I click around a bit they disappeared again.

I'm using MODX Revo 2.5.2-pl locally, and have deployed to 2.4.4-pl on the client's server (although the manager on the server is now saying 2.5.2-pl, but the server install is definitely 2.4.4-pl).

Any help would be great, thanks in advance!

Happy new year!

Nick.
      • 24,544 Posts
      Symptoms like that are often caused by leftover stuff in the cache. Log out, manually delete all files in the core/cache directory, then log in with your browser in incognito or private mode.

If that fixes it, you may have to clear your browser cache and cookies.

Depending on how you deployed it, you may have copied newer MODX files onto an older install.

You may have to install the newer version of MODX on the live site.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting