We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 82 Posts
    Hello MODx Forum,

i have a big problem with my site and need your help!

Yesterday i renamed the manager-folder in manager123 and edit the config.inc.php and get no problems with that. But today i cant load the site and my manager and get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function parseProperties() on null in /mysite/core/model/modx/modelement.class.php on line 524

I tryed to rename the manager back and set the config.inc.php to original and get the same error. I tryed to install new MODx and load the database and get the same error.

Please help me!

Information:
    MODx Revolution 5.2.5
    Plugins:
    - Babel
    - FastField
    - PDO

PHP: 5.6

This question has been answered by joe-petts. See the first response.

• 120 Posts
      You have clean the cache?
      Delete all file/dir in core/cache and reload the page
        FerX - Developer at Eracom s.r.l.
        • 293 Posts
        Yup that error typically appears when you've got invalid cache.
        @ferx77 is right. Deleting everything in the core/cache dir should fix it.
          I'm lead developer at Digital Penguin Creative Studio in Hong Kong. https://www.digitalpenguin.hk
          Check out the MODX tutorial series on my blog at https://www.hkwebdeveloper.com
          • 82 Posts
          Yes, i clear all the files and folders in core / cache, but the error stay the same. I delete allready the "cache" folder and add a new folder with 755 and got the same problem.

Is maybe something wrong with my database? I installes new, clear MODx version and upload the DB of my site and get the same error. Any ideas?

EDIT: I have more information. The hoster changed yesterday the php-version to 5.6.21 and i think, that is the reason.

Is it possible to update MODx 2.5.2 to this php version? If i try to "update" MODx with the setup-folder, then i get the same error... [ed. note: joe-petts last edited this post 7 years, 3 months ago.]
            • 24,544 Posts
            Is the front end working?

MODX should work fine with PHP 5.6.2. My guess is that your host did something in the upgrade that's messing you up (forgetting to enable PDO, altering php.ini, replacing or changing .htaccess, or adding mod_security rules).

I sucks to be at a host that doesn't warn you about upgrades ahead of time.
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • 82 Posts
              No, the front end doesn't working too. I get everytime the same error, in front-end, back-end and setup.

I got no php.ini in my ftp and .htaccess stay original. The PHP stay 5.6 but the upgrade was something like 5.6.0 -> 5.6.2.

My host warned me and i upgraded all my plugins before the update..

Is it possible to disable plugins in Database?
                • 120 Posts
                attention to the type of hosting.
                It happened with a provider who did not have enough CPU/RAM and I cut short the processing.
                eg. In collections not visualized the list of resources
                  FerX - Developer at Eracom s.r.l.
                  • 82 Posts
                  But i have other pages with the same provider (the same MODx Revo 2.5.2) without any problems.

The code in modelement.class.php, line 524:
                  $this->_properties= $this->xpdo->parser->parseProperties($this->get('properties'));

Full:
                      public function getProperties($properties = null) {
                          $this->xpdo->getParser();
                          $this->_properties= $this->xpdo->parser->parseProperties($this->get('properties'));
                          $set= $this->getPropertySet();
                          if (!empty($set)) {
                              $this->_properties= array_merge($this->_properties, $set);
                          }
                          if ($this->get('property_preprocess')) {
                              foreach ($this->_properties as $pKey => $pValue) {
                                  if ($this->xpdo->parser->processElementTags('', $pValue, $this->xpdo->parser->isProcessingUncacheable())) {
                                      $this->_properties[$pKey]= $pValue;
                                  }
                              }
                          }
                          if (!empty($properties)) {
                              $this->_properties= array_merge($this->_properties, $this->xpdo->parser->parseProperties($properties));
                          }
                          return $this->_properties;
                      }
                  [ed. note: joe-petts last edited this post 7 years, 3 months ago.]
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    It can't hurt to try repairing all tables in the DB in PhpMyAdmin.
                      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                      My MODX Extras
                      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                    • discuss.answer
                      • 82 Posts
                      Thank you all for your help.

I fixed the error now:

Thats my way to fix this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function parseProperties() on null in /mysite/core/model/modx/modelement.class.php on line 524
                      line 524 in modelement.class.php:

1. Instal your MODx-Version on test-database and take the original modx_system_settings.sql table with phpMyAdmin

2. Overwrite the modx_system_settings.sql table from your error-site (dont forget make backup).

3. Clear the error-site cache in ftp core/cache

4. Go in the manager of your error-site and reinstall all plugins

5. Check the system-settings

6. Done