We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    I was unable to change a manager users password (logged in as admin). Clicking "Save and close" didn's generate any response; the new passwort was NOT set. Changing the password by logging in as that user (knowing the old passwort required) worked fine.

I also was unable to unblock a manager user after failed logins - after "save" and then reloading the users details the block-flag was still set. I unblocked via database-access as a work-around.

Maybe somebody likes to verify this behaviour and (in case of) post a bug report (or tell me how / where to do that)?

This question has been answered by martin.lindenlauf. See the first response.

• 953 Posts
      You can post this issue here
      • discuss.answer
        • 7 Posts
        I'm going to do a clean install of Evo 1.2
        I'll test this issue then; if I can reproduce it I'll post as suggested.

Edit:
        I tried it - no issue on a clean install.
        My Evo 1.2 was an upgrade coming from a hacked 1.1 - somthing must have gone wrong there.
        Sorry! [ed. note: martin.lindenlauf last edited this post 7 years, 4 months ago.]
          • 9 Posts
          I think I have the same issue from a client's hacked site, Actually can't save any page in manager other than the initial configuration page after update.
          I've been through the db and found a few things, I had to paste in my PW from an old db backup to be able to login. Did you Restore any of the original site db and or what tables should I not restore?
          Thanks Phillip

Quote from: martin.lindenlauf at Dec 12, 2016, 08:16 PM
          I'm going to do a clean install of Evo 1.2
          I'll test this issue then; if I can reproduce it I'll post as suggested.

Edit:
          I tried it - no issue on a clean install.
          My Evo 1.2 was an upgrade coming from a hacked 1.1 - somthing must have gone wrong there.
          Sorry!
            • 8 Posts
            Hi
            Is there anything new about that? A client hack side has to be recovered. So we did a clean install and moved the database to it. After that, several sides cannot be edited and also the manager user cannot be edited.

Can this be fixed somewhere in the database. Moving content by Copy & Paste is not a valid option here.

Many Thanks

Lars
              • 8 Posts
              Hi

After a lot of blood, sweat and tears smiley

Solution is quiete simple. With the 1.2 Version comes a TinyMCE4 Editor in a so called directory (/assets/plugins/tinymce4). Older versions are in /assets/plugins/tinymce.

After deleting the corresponding entry in the modx_site_plugins table everything works well: Changing user settings in manager and editing pages. But I have a new issue with the JOT Snippet. Will put it in an extra Thread.

Thanks

Lars