We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 22 Posts
    Hello,

I wanted to upgrade my Evo 1.0.15 sites to 1.2.0, because I got hacked and malicious code inserted.

At first I tried it out on my xampp localhost copy of the productive site. Upgrade went smooth without any error messages or notok's.

But if I want to view the site now, I only get the error message "No database selected". I can still access the site via manager, there everything looks ok, my content is there, I can edit pages, but as soon as I hit "preview" - same as above :"No database selected" . I also checked the cofig.inc.php entries, everything seems ok.

Any idea what ist wrong? I appreciate any help in resoving this issue. Thanks for your support.
    Robert

This question has been answered by andywizz. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 7 Posts
      Maybe a simple cache-Problem, delete the old cache-Files.
      Not a Problem with php7?
      Now there is in config.inc.php
      $database_type = 'mysqli';

not
      $database_type = 'mysql';

you may delete the i for testing reasons.
        • 953 Posts
        @rscha

Can you describe how you updated your site please

Do you have any error logs, either from inside Evo or from your server ?
          • 22 Posts
          The hint of AndyWizz did the trick! After deleting the i in 'mysqli' everything just works fine.
          Could you please explain - in a few words - what is behind this? I am not at all familiar with php and mysql, just using it in the modx context.

Thank you very much - big relief! I dare to update my life sites now.
          Robert

• 953 Posts
            @rscha

Removing the "i" is NOT the solution - that is for testing only

The mysql extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5 and has been completely removed from PHP 7

Which basically means: you need to update your PHP version on your server
              • 22 Posts
              Thanks for the hint!