We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 68 Posts
    I installed Provisioner in my 2.5.1 Revo but when I run it under the Extras menu, I just get a blank screen with just the word "Provisioner" at the top. I've looked for documentation but it doesn't seem to exist. It's listed as "Solid" in the Modx Extras page.

Wondering where I can get more info. I am trying to copy Resources from one Revo install to another. Just Resources since I'm redoing all the templates.

Thanks.
      • 1,572 Posts
      What do you need it for ? if to transfer evo to revo you might be better off with GoRevo by bobby ray http://bobsguides.com/gorevo-package.html as it's well worth the $15 for the time it saves
        • 68 Posts
        I'm trying to copy or move resources from one Revo site to another. No need for all the other elements. Just resources.
          • 24,544 Posts
          Provisioner is quite old and I haven't seen its author around here for several years.

Vapor will move an entire site (if it's not too big). Teleport will move whatever you want, but it's not the friendliest thing in the world.

If you really want to move just resources (and there are no relevant TVs), you can export the modx_site_content table in PhpMyAdmin and import it at the new site.

If you're moving ALL the resources, I would empty the table at the new site before importing.

Check the site_start, unauthorized_page, and error_page System Settings after the import to make sure they're still correct.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 68 Posts
            Thanks. I think the best approach would be to just export and import the table.

I really wish the list of Extras were better maintained and documented.
              • 24,544 Posts
              Quote from: hhk222 at Nov 27, 2016, 02:48 PM

Me too. wink

Although, IIRC, Provisioner's UI is a little deceptive at first. Are there any icons on the Provisioner screen you can click on?
                My MODX Extras
                • 68 Posts
                Quote from: BobRay at Nov 28, 2016, 11:18 PM
                Quote from: hhk222 at Nov 27, 2016, 02:48 PM

Me too. wink

Although, IIRC, Provisioner's UI is a little deceptive at first. Are there any icons on the Provisioner screen you can click on?

Not a thing. Completely blank.
                • Maybe it is because of the too harsh security of 2.5.2 which will be fixed in 2.5.3 with this commit: https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/pull/13180/files
                    • 68 Posts
                    Quote from: BobRay at Nov 25, 2016, 10:15 PM
                    Provisioner is quite old and I haven't seen its author around here for several years.

Vapor will move an entire site (if it's not too big). Teleport will move whatever you want, but it's not the friendliest thing in the world.

If you really want to move just resources (and there are no relevant TVs), you can export the modx_site_content table in PhpMyAdmin and import it at the new site.

If you're moving ALL the resources, I would empty the table at the new site before importing.

Check the site_start, unauthorized_page, and error_page System Settings after the import to make sure they're still correct.

Thanks Bob, this worked really well. Except...

The URIs don't seem to work in the new site after the import. Some of them do and some of the don't. Right now, I have friendly URLs set to No. When I try to browse certain resources, I go to the default page-not-found page.

I emptied the cache both manually and through the admin interface and it doesn't help.

I also deleted alias, saved the resource, restored the alias and re-saved it and still no good. I'm at a loss.

One thing though, the first time I emptied the cache and regenerated URIs, I got a lot of error messages about duplicate URIs. Now when I run the same regeneration, the messages are not there.
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      There is an option on the Create/Edit Resource page to freeze the URI. Check the problem resources to see if that's been done.

Also, make sure this tag is in the head section of all templates (be sure to use the !):

<base href="[[!++site_url]]" />

Do the problem resources show up in the tree?

Is there anything relevant in the error log when you try to access those resources?

My MODX Extras