We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 131 Posts
    We've got a website which has developed an infinite save loop. Checking the logs, we see a lot of calls 'on a non-object', not the same though, all from different manager pages and not the same error:

For example core/components/pdotools/model/pdotools/pdofetch.class.php
    on this line
    if ($this->query->stmt->execute()) {

core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/110.include.cache.php
    on this line
    $theurl = $modx->resource->get('id');

core/model/modx/processors/system/phpthumb.class.php
    on this line
      $src = $this->source->prepareSrcForThumb($src);

trying to find some commonality to these errors. Can any one help?

One thing to note is it is still on 2.2.14. The site is a bit of a beast, so we haven't dare upgrade. Time to bite the bullet?
      • 24,544 Posts
      You should definitely upgrade. There are several security issues that have been fixed since then. Upgrade to 2.3.0, then 2.4.0, then 2.5.0, then 2.5.2. The UpgradeMODX extra could make things easier, but you may have to use the alternate method described in the docs at first if your current version doesn't support widgets (I can't remember).

Before upgrading, I would delete all files in the core/cache directory, clear the Manager Actions log and the Error Log, and repair all tables in the DB in PhpMyAdmin. Doing these steps might, by itself, fix the problems, which would be a comfort before upgrading.

Back up the site after performing the steps above and before doing any upgrades!

You'll probably have to upgrade a number of your extras too. I would uninstall and remove TinyMCE (if you have it installed) before doing any upgrades, then re-download and re-install it when you're done with them all.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 131 Posts
        Thanks Bob. We'll do just that. Any ideas as to what actually causes this to start happening?
          • 24,544 Posts
          Some of the 2.2.x versions suffered from cache corruption, so it could be that.
            My MODX Extras
            • 131 Posts
            Hi again,

We did upgrade this. We managed to work through a few bugs with our Custom Manager Pages and also Tiny MCE / Articles bugs mentioned elsewhere in the forum. Ran Sitecheck also. The upgraded version has had some strange consequences though. Client manager access/ ACLs seems to have been screwed up, the Error log is no longer reporting and there's some strange manager behaviour with Image Upload buttons in certain browsers.

Wouldn't mind getting error logs up and running again. Anyone come across or fixed similar issues?
              • 24,544 Posts
              Browser cache and cookies? That's the most common cause of anomalies after an upgrade.
                My MODX Extras