We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    This happened after I transferred side to another domain (which I do often, so I have experience with modx on this question).
    It happens a lot (config paths, cache etc), but the weirdest thing this time that other pages in manager works normally! (if I go via some direct line, like, for instance /manager/?a=element/template/update&id=2 (site itself works ok as well))
    Only the /manager/ is blank and there are no (even 500) errors whatsoever.
    I am totally lost.

//So, I dived into code and I've discovered that it works up until
    $placeholders['dashboard'] = $this->dashboard->render($this); in welcome.class.php (str 64)
    and then inside, it stops on
    $placeholders = $this->process($this->scriptProperties); in modmanagercontroller.class.php (str 149).
    On the previous site it returns some values, on this - none whatsoever.
    May be this will hint on something.
    ///Ooook, I discovered that everything fails after trying to
    $content = $widget->getContent($controller); in moddashboard.class.php, whilte trying to load Modx Securty Feed, so I wrote like
    $i=0;
    foreach ($placements as $placement) {
    /** @var modDashboardWidget $widget */
    $widget = $placement->getOne('Widget');
    if($i++==2)
    continue;

/////Ooooook, I now just went to Widget Pannel and deleted that feed and everything works, wasted half my fay to fix this...what caused this widget to break down, I wonder.

This question has been answered by BobRay. See the first response.

[ed. note: BobRay last edited this post 7 years, 4 months ago.]
    • discuss.answer
      • 24,544 Posts
      My guess is that the server that supplies the feed wasn't responding or was responding very slowly. If you had waited long enough, the page content might have showed up.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting