We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 118 Posts
    I primed a clean install of 2.5.1 with a few Extras but Collections fails to work correctly.

The Manager returns a blank page with just the navigation menu when requesting a page related to Collections eg. Resource with Resource Type = Collection or Extras > Collection views.

When this happens the network tab in developer tools shows lang.js.php returns 404.

The URL in question is
    http://domain.co.uk/connectors/lang.js.php?ctx=mgr&topic=topmenu,file,resource,resource,collections:default,collections:templates,collections:custom,collections:selections,collections:default,ace:default,seopro:default,tagger:default&action=resource/update

Collections works as expected on a 2.4.2 install on the same server.

Clearing the cache manually on the server and the browser cache have no effect. Nor does setting compress_js = 0 in system settings in the database. I also reinstalled Collections via the Extras Installer which had no effect then removed and installed again which had no effect.

If I remove ,collections:selections from the querystring in the URL above the server responds correctly.

Can anyone suggest what the cause might be?

This question has been answered by chris.dempsey78. See the first response.

[ed. note: chris.dempsey78 last edited this post 7 years, 6 months ago.]
    • discuss.answer
      • 118 Posts
      Problem solved. It was my own fault. Clue is in the querystring (specifically why removing collections:selections returned a result) and why lang.js.php returned the 404 status code.

I have Filtering Rules running on the server to block basic SQL injection attacks. When the rule sees collections:selections it denies the request returning 404.