We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    Hi,

After installing on ubuntu 14.04x64 / php 7 / modx 2.5.1 / mysql 5.6 I am getting a 503 and this in the core/cache/logs/

Error 42S02 executing statement:
    Array
    (
    [0] => 42S02
    [1] => 1146
    [2] => Table 'academy.modx_context_setting' doesn't exist
    )

[2016-09-28 00:31:03] (ERROR @ /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/loretto/public/core/xpdo/om/xpdoobject.class.php : 240) Error 42S02 executing statement:
    Array
    (
    [0] => 42S02
    [1] => 1146
    [2] => Table 'academy.modx_access_policies' doesn't exist
    )

[2016-09-28 00:31:03] (ERROR @ /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/loretto/public/core/xpdo/om/xpdoobject.class.php : 240) Error 42S02 executing statement:
    Array
    (
    [0] => 42S02
    [1] => 1146
    )

Array
    (
    [0] => 42S02
    [1] => 1146
    )

• Does it continue happening after attempting the install again? Any chance you've got the setup log as well as the MODX error log?
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 12 Posts
        Quote from: markh at Sep 28, 2016, 02:54 PM
        Does it continue happening after attempting the install again? Any chance you've got the setup log as well as the MODX error log?

Mark, Thanks for helping

I did retry installing. It goes through without a hitch, but when clicking on "login to manager" I get a 503.

here is the install log, it looks like it's not creating all tables. Any idea what to do next?

[2016-09-28 03:22:40] (ERROR @ /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/loretto/public/core/xpdo/om/xpdoobject.class.php : 240) Error 42S02 executing statement:
        Array
        (
        [0] => 42S02
        [1] => 1146
        )

[2016-09-28 03:22:40] (ERROR @ /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/loretto/public/core/xpdo/om/xpdoobject.class.php : 240) Error 42S02 executing statement:
        Array
        (
        [0] => 42S02
        [1] => 1146
        )
        • Does the install log contain any errors related to the creation of those tables? It might be hard to spot if it's full of dozens of messages like the ones you posted, but those should point into a certain direction.

One of the possibilities is that your mysql server may be configured with strict mode, and that because of a restriction there it is refusing to create some tables due to index sizes. There are some related issues on github about that, though I think those were specific to mysql 5.7, not 5.6.

Error messages from the creation of the tables should provide a much better clue. smiley
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.