We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 247 Posts
    I'm trying out form customisation for the first time. Very useful!

I am basically trying to make the purpose of each form field clearer for users, with custom labels depending on the template selected.

So for example, I have changed the label of the Title field to "Title (used for: manager tree, menu)".

But what appears in the customised manager is, "Title (used for: manager tree". The comma and everything after it is dropped from the label.

Is the use of commas specifically disallowed here, or is this likely a bug?
      • 247 Posts
      I've used comma's in the description but don't recall trying it in the field title. Try using the HTML entity , instead, see if that helps, and, if you haven't, try without the parenthesis and/or colon to ensure it's actually the comma causing the problem.
        • 247 Posts
        Thanks for the suggestions claytonk.

The problem persists even with parentheses and colon removed - no comma or anything after it.

The , and other html entities are rendered as text, not as html. So I see: "Title used for manager tree , menu".

It would be nice to have a field subtitle or rather sub-label: inline with the label, but normal instead of bold.

I'm using revo 2.5.1 btw.
          • 247 Posts
          Just tried this on a development cloud for kicks, and sure enough, I'm seeing the same result. I had though it might be Apache's mod_security but since I'm running nginx, that's obviously not it. This is either a bug or a simple case of necessary sanitization.