We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 77 Posts
    Hello,

after some succesfull upgrades of Modx installations I now ran into problems with upgrading by UpgradeModx Extra, upgrading from version 2.2.4 to 2.4.2. During installation I changed PHP version from 5.2 to 5.6.

The site and manager are showing:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on null .... /core/model/modx/modrequest.class.php on line 192

According to a remark in another thread I re-entered the MySQL db password from config file into mysql server settings. Didn't help though.

Thanks for any hints!
    Guenter
      • 24,544 Posts
      You should have upgraded to 2.3.0 and 2.4.0. There are database changes made during the install of those versions. That could be your problem.

This could be useful Missing DB Fields.

Also, you may have tried this, but clearing your browser cache and cookies can sometimes cure problems after an upgrade.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 77 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Sep 06, 2016, 03:07 PM
        You should have upgraded to 2.3.0 and 2.4.0. There are database changes made during the install of those versions. That could be your problem.

Also, you may have tried this, but clearing your browser cache and cookies can sometimes cure problems after an upgrade.

Thanks Bob for your answer and hint to your blog article.
        I'll give report here when I solved.
        Guenter
          • 77 Posts
          Quote from: hgw7m at Sep 07, 2016, 09:31 AM
          Quote from: BobRay at Sep 06, 2016, 03:07 PM

Thanks Bob for your answer and hint to your blog article.
          I'll give report here when I solved.
          Guenter

Okay, I could restore the 2.2.14 version by re-uploading the installation files of this version.

In your blog article you write

If you use the UpgradeMODX extra, you can set the &versionsToShow property to a higher number (the default is 5) so the versions will go back far enough for you,

I looked for that setting in systems settings under upgrademodx and core but could not find a setting. Is this meant to be edited in the snippet code of UpgradeMODXWidget itself?

Thanks again!
            • 77 Posts
            Hello Bob, in your blog article you write

If you use the UpgradeMODX extra, you can set the &versionsToShow property to a higher number (the default is 5) so the versions will go back far enough for you,

I looked for that setting in systems settings under upgrademodx and core but no result. In the Dashboard/Widget section the widget UpgradeModx can be edited but there is no entry for version numbers to show. Seems I am on the wrong path...

Is this meant to be edited in the snippet code of UpgradeMODXWidget itself? Setting it from 5 to 10 in the snippet php itself also didn't work.

Thanks again!
              • 24,544 Posts
              Look on the properties tab of the UpgradMODXWidget snippet.

I've sometimes had trouble getting a change there to take effect. You may have to delete the files in the core/cache directory.
                My MODX Extras
                • 77 Posts
                Quote from: BobRay at Sep 12, 2016, 08:17 PM
                Look on the properties tab of the UpgradMODXWidget snippet.

I've sometimes had trouble getting a change there to take effect. You may have to delete the files in the core/cache directory.

Hello Bob.

I have to upgrade an older MODX site of a new client who just came to me. He has MODX 2.3.3 site running.

I'd like to upgrade to 2.4 and 2.5 before going to 2.6.0 and 2.6.5 - you gave that advise in the missing-db-fields article.

I changed the snippet property "versionsToShow" to 10, saved, cleared the cache, went to dashboard and then hit UpgradeModx - but there still are only the versions from 2.6.1 to 2.6.5 shown. Tried several times, also with fresh browser cache. I'm using UpgradeMODX 1.5.5.

Seems I'm missing something - Thanks again for your help!
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  Try manually deleting all files in the core/cache directory.
                    My MODX Extras