We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 40 Posts
    I've got a site running 2.5.0pl and it's been working with no issues for about two months. Today, I'm unable to edit and save templates or chunks. It seems to reject certain bits of HTML that already existed in the template or chunk. It doesn't like meta tags, javascript or stylesheet links. If I strip this out and only include very basic HTML and plain text, then it saves the template or chunk (which is great if I was designing a site in 1990). I get a 403 error when trying to save. I've also noticed that it takes to two clicks of the save button to trigger the save.

I'm also unable to install packages. For example, I uninstalled CodeMirror, then couldn't reinstall it. I downloaded UpgradeMODX in the hope that upgrading to 2.5.1 would fix the issue, but couldn't install that package either.

Things I've tried:
    • Cleared the cache folder
    • Reinstalled 2.5.0pl
    • Turned off JS and CSS compression
    • Used a different browser
    • Checked and repaired db

Upon researching the forums, I've noticed other people with similar issues who are using CloudFlare. I'm not using CloudFlare. Any suggestions welcome!

This question has been answered by terobot. See the first response.

Creative Director - Throwstone Web Design Melbourne
      • 41 Posts
      It looks like, that is something wrong with database..
        • 128 Posts
        look in the network tab too, make sure that all the assets are fully loading.
          I LOVE MODX! | greyskymedia.com
        • discuss.answer
          • 40 Posts
          Although this was solved some time ago, I thought I'd post the solution here as I encountered the same problem again recently. The issue was related to mod security.

Adding the following to the .htaccess file in the root directory fixed it.
          <IfModule mod_security.c>
          SecFilterEngine Off SecFilterScanPOST Off
          </IfModule>

Creative Director - Throwstone Web Design Melbourne