I have a new site built in modx revolution and want to copy the latest news section from an old version of a modx site. Any ideas the best way to do this?
Hi, I never done this before but i think it could not so difficult.
1. Check differences between modx_site_content tables (old & new). This is for writing an good SQL request.
2. Check for duplicate alias between old latest news and new content entries.
3. Get all old latest news entries with an SQL request with only column needed. For example Parent column don't needed.
4. Insert old latest news section with an SQL request without ID column (auto increment). And with only column needed.
5. Change parent of old latest news if you don't do it when inserted it with SQL request.
6. Go inside the manager to check if you see old latest news. Maybe clear cache.
I hope this help.