We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 322 Posts
    I have a client whose site went down today (502 gateway error). I submitted a support request, but it seems that support is really lacking on weekends. Is that true? If so, that's a really bad thing, and is a deal-breaker in terms of recommending Cloud as a viable solution for my clients.
      • 110 Posts
      I don't know anything about the cloud support, but are these errors posted here on the forum too? I've seen some 5xx errors posted lately.
      • Quote from: rainbowtiger at Aug 20, 2016, 03:07 PM
        I have a client whose site went down today (502 gateway error). I submitted a support request, but it seems that support is really lacking on weekends. Is that true? If so, that's a really bad thing, and is a deal-breaker in terms of recommending Cloud as a viable solution for my clients.

The ticket was handled over the weekend in our help desk. Love to help you discover the reason for the 50x error in ticket follow-ups, and to address any concerns you have there.

Quote from: vigilante at Aug 22, 2016, 09:54 PM
        I don't know anything about the cloud support, but are these errors posted here on the forum too? I've seen some 5xx errors posted lately.

All Cloud support has to be handled in the ticket system; you can open a ticket anytime from the MODX Cloud Dashboard. We can't offer support through the forums.

If you meant 50x errors on the MODX forums/site itself, we're doing some maintenance behind the scenes ahead of some other pending/larger changes.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 322 Posts
          I didn't start this thread to talk about any specific issue, like the 502 error. Rather, it's meant to be a discussion about MODX Cloud support in general, and whether other people see this as a problem in terms of recommending Cloud as a viable option for clients who need utmost reliability. I submitted a support request Saturday mid-day, and it wasn't dealt with until the next morning. This is for a client who hosts all their websites on MODX Cloud, and it was fortunate that the website that had the problem was for a conference that is still a long way off, so the down time didn't cause any loss of income for them. If it had been close to the time of the conference, when people are visiting the site to get information and register, then that would have been more serious. The hosting companies I recommend to my clients have excellent support 24/7, and without this I don't consider it an option for my clients.

Cloud as a development platform makes perfect sense. It seems to aspire to be more, however, and I think better support is critical for that step to be taken.