We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Version: SimpleSearch 1.9.2
    MODX: 2.5.1

I've set up SimpleSearch like I have many times before but for some reason, this time, search results are only returned for blog article resources I have under a Blog table of contents page (which is the parent), but I'm not restricting the search results to that resource in the search results page.

My code.

Chunk: Search

Code:

[[!SimpleSearchForm?
        &landing=`[[++search_results_id]]`
        &searchIndex=`search`
        &tpl=`searchFormTPL`
    ]]

The context setting [[++search_results_id]] identifies the search results page for the context, which in this case is 20.

My searchFormTPL:

<!--search-->
    <div class="search">
        <form role="search" class="sisea-search-form" action="[[~[[+landing:default=`[[*id]]`]]]]" method="[[+method:default=`get`]]">
            <div class="form-group">
                <input type="text" class="form-control" placeholder="[[+searchValue:default=`Search`]]" id="searchField" name="search"></input>
            </div>
                <input type="hidden" name="id" value="[[+landing:default=[[*id]]]]" />
                <button type="submit" class="btn btn-default" style="display:none;">Submit</button>
        </form>
    </div>
    <!--end-search-->

A user can input a search term, such as "amet" (without the quotes of course) and it successfully redirects to the search results page with something like the following URL:

http://whatever.com/search-results.html?search=amet&id=20

On the Search Results resource (20) I have placed the following chunk: searchResults

With the following code:

[[!SimpleSearch?
        &containerTpl=`searchcontainerTPL`
        &tpl=`searchresultTPL`
        &pageTpl=`searchpageTPL`
        &PageTpl=`currentpageTPL`
        &noResultsTpl=`noResultsTPL`
        &searchIndex=`search`
        &perPage=`10`
        &includeTVs=`1`
        &pagingSeparator=``
    ]]

So I'm not using &ids property to restrict it to any resources but I have 2 other pages that are published with copy in the content field but they are ignored and I only see results from the children of the blog.

Any ideas how I can force it to search the entire site?
    • It was the SEO Tab plugin. Had some pages set not to search.