We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 305 Posts
    I have friendly URL's on one of my sites just like I do on many MODx installations. The problem with this installation is when you click page links, the URL's keep compounding the paths adding to the URL for each click, instead of just going to the proper URL.

When you click a page URL it goes that that page properly, but when you click another page or a few more pages from the side menu, it compounds the URL paths and does not display the page properly. (The improper URL's display my error page which is set to home).

My .htaccess is copied from other installations:

System Settings:
    Use Friendly URLs: Yes
    Use Strict Friendly URLs: No
    Check for duplicate URL's Across all Contexts: No
    Use Friendly Alia Path: Yes
    Container Suffix: /

I have these same settings on many other installations on this same server. All the others show just fine. What could be causing this compounding friendly URL problem?

This question has been answered by m.engel. See the first response.

[ed. note: wbbuilder last edited this post 7 years, 8 months ago.]
      Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/
      • 305 Posts
      I do have wayfinder installed. Don't know if that could be it. Also this was a brand new install on a sub-domain. Then moved over to the primary folder and setup was executed again (actually multiple times).

Been working on this most of the day and still don't know what it could be. Anyone?
        Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/
      • discuss.answer
        • 128 Posts
        You should use an
        <base href="[[++site_url]]" />
        inside your <head> Tag.

Or you give parameters to Wayfinder to change the url scheme to abs