We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi, I've been trying to upgrade from 2.2 to modx 2.5.0.
    Long story short, I could never get an upgrade to work without errors, so eventually I did a clean install with a new database and rebuilt the site from scratch in modx 2.5.0. Everything works this time, but the site displays in the browser without a template. I can look at the database tables and see that all the template info is there, and my html template code is as well. It isn't the site's htlm code because none of the pages are display with a template in a browser, regardless of which template they are assigned. I've cleared site cache. Deleted core/cache files. Cleared browser cookies. Still not using the template. Interestingly, the first time I cleared the browser cookies the template stared working and the site displayed perfectly, until I refreshed the browser, then it went back to not using the template. Hasn't used the template since. Which means, it has everything it needs to display properly, it just doesn't want to use the template info. I can't figure out where its getting stuck. Seems like a cache issue....Is there another cache hiding someplace?

I can go through some of the other issues I ran into but they don't seem relevant now with a clean install.

This question has been answered by Bruno17. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 5,888 Posts
      so, what is your template-code and what does it show (paste sourcecode here)
        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 2 Posts
        GAK... Got it sorted. Thanks for your reply, it got me looking in the right direction. I forgot to upload some hidden files that the template needed.