We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    When I try to upload a new .jpg file to replace an image on the site, I am unable to upload the image. It says the upload is complete, will refresh, but the file will not be there.

I've tried clearing the cache & logging in and out both of which do not work.

MODX Revolution 2.4.3-pl is the version I am using.
      • 24,544 Posts
      Are you uploading the file on the Files tab of the Manager, or using something else for the upload?
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 4 Posts
        At the top under "Media", I am clicking the first drop down "Media Browser". Then the top left icon "Upload Files".

Attached is a screenshot
        • You may want to check which directory you're clicked into. It sounds like the file is going into a different directory than you're expecting. Also, after choosing the file to upload and seeing it in the list, you need to use the upload button (in case you didn't see that already).
            Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
            • 4 Posts
            Quote from: frogabog at Aug 12, 2016, 04:53 AM
            You may want to check which directory you're clicked into. It sounds like the file is going into a different directory than you're expecting. Also, after choosing the file to upload and seeing it in the list, you need to use the upload button (in case you didn't see that already).

Thanks for the tip. I'm pretty positive I know which directory the file is being uploaded to. It's at the top of the upload window that comes up. Also, I did also click the upload button and saw the bar go all the way to 100%. After I do that, the window refreshes (goes black and comes back), but doesn't have the file in there.
              • 24,544 Posts
              You might try the FileUpload extra to see if you get a different result (or a helpful error message).
                My MODX Extras
                • 1 Posts
                may be the file is saved properly, if yes check if the format and the size of the file is compatible to upload on this website..hope this help

Arvind
                  • 4 Posts
                  Quote from: BobRay at Aug 13, 2016, 03:47 AM
                  You might try the FileUpload extra to see if you get a different result (or a helpful error message).

I downloaded the fileupload extra and can't seem to figure out how it works :/

Tried google searches too but to no avail. Is it worked automatically by normally uploading? I tried that already and I got the same issue that the file doesn't upload.
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    It should work out of the box.

http://bobsguides.com/fileupload-tutorial.html

How large is the file? It may be over the size limit.
                      My MODX Extras
                      • 372 Posts
                      Like Bob say : "It should work out of the box."

1. Like Bob say again "it may be over the size limit"
                      So go to "System Settings" -> filter by "File System" and check upload_maxsize. You can now compare to the file you try to upload. You can change the upload_maxsize to more if needed. Don't forget that the value have to be in bytes.

2. When you upload an image from "File Manager" you have to choose the folder where the file will go. If you do not choose, the file will go to the root of the website.

3. I had the same problem by the past and it was the permission of the files and folders. Example : with a 444 files and folders permission you can't upload file to the folder.

I hope this help.