We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hi all!!!

I'm currently working on my new site and I (finally!) decided to go from Evo to Revo! smiley

This new projects requires multilanguage so I decided to give a migxMultiLang a try!

I was following this tutorial https://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/case-studies-and-tutorials/create-a-multilingual-website-with-migxmultilang and everything seems ok UNTIL I need to test it on the front-end. It just gives me a blank page (view-source shows nothing)!
    The problem starts when I do the "Step 6: Creating the Templates For The Front End"

Can anyone help me out a little bit?
    migxMultiLang seems very promising and I don't want to "trash it" just because some minor error...

Using:
    ModX 2.5.1-pl
    MIGX 2.9.6-pl
    pdoTools 2.6.1-pl
    migxMultiLang 1.0.8-pl
      BASE - Web Design Studio
      MODX Ambassador

Website
      • 5,888 Posts
      ok, didn't need it for a while now.
      Will install it with everything fresh and newest now and will see how it goes.
      I think, there was a change with pdoTools and the pdoFetch - class path or something like that.
        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
      • Update: When I revert BaseTemplate to original, the site works fine... even the links generated via
        [[!mml_LangLinks]]
        work fine (they redirect to proper sufix, ex. /de or /en)

For example in template, this code doesn't output anything
        [[+mml_pagetitle]]
          BASE - Web Design Studio
          MODX Ambassador

Website
        • Quote from: Bruno17 at Jul 31, 2016, 04:02 PM
          ok, didn't need it for a while now.
          Will install it with everything fresh and newest now and will see how it goes.
          I think, there was a change with pdoTools and the pdoFetch - class path or something like that.

Thank you. It will mean a lot because this is basically a test for the new Revolution (like I said before, I used Evo+yams until now) and multilanguage option like this is a deal breaker laugh
          On first glance, I like the way migxMultiLang handles multilanguage more than Babel (something similar like Yams)

P.S. I was first experimenting on Vagrant localy and I thought that is the issue... When I uplaoded on a live server I see there is no output also...
            BASE - Web Design Studio
            MODX Ambassador

Website
            • 5,888 Posts
            you could also try the lingua - extra, which works also a bit like Yams (everything translated at the same resource)

Thanks!
            • Quote from: Bruno17 at Jul 31, 2016, 04:23 PM
              you could also try the lingua - extra, which works also a bit like Yams (everything translated at the same resource)

I already have the setup with migxMultiLang online... Wastefull not to see it working sad

If you as a develoepr are saying to use Lingua, I will try (use) it then.
                BASE - Web Design Studio
                MODX Ambassador

Website
                • 5,888 Posts
                try this system-settings:

pdoFetch.class: migxmultilang.mmlfetch
                pdofetch_class_path: {core_path}components/migxmultilang/model/

Thanks!
                  • 104 Posts
                  Quote from: Bruno17 at Jul 31, 2016, 01:20 PM
                  try this system-settings:

pdoFetch.class: migxmultilang.mmlfetch
                  pdofetch_class_path: {core_path}components/migxmultilang/model/

That was the fixe for my pdoTools update, so don't forget to update those setting on every pdotools update smiley