We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 143 Posts
    Hello,

I have been working on this all day. Never had so much problem moving a site. I am moving a site to a new server at Known Host. I currently use Hostgator.

I wen through the Modx recommendation for moving the site, and have yet to get this done. I made all the path changes, upload all the files from the hostgator site to the known host, imported the database and then uploaded the 2.5 to the server to do a fresh rerun of the 2.5 and in the end i got a 503 error. Went in and changed paths on all config files and get Fatal error: Call to a member function parseProperties() on a non-object in /home/organize/core/model/modx/modelement.class.php on line 524

Originally I followed on tutorial that said load a fresh install then copy only needed files, and import data base, did not work. I am stuck.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This question has been answered by wholein1. See the first response.

• 24,544 Posts
      Things to try:

Delete all files in the core/cache directory
      Make sure all paths in the config files end with a trailing slash
      Clear your browser cache and cookies
      Run setup at the new site

The error suggests that maybe the paths are still not correct. Running Setup might fix that.

It might also be one of the bugs that's fixed in 2.5.1.

(please don't double post)

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • Seriously: please don't double post. Rather add comments to a post if you need to.

I had similar challenges with MODx 2.5.1 last Sunday. Finally got it to install but the point where I'm to login to the manager turns out with '500 Internal Server'. I spent 24hours and still could not get it resolved. Whilst I've been using MODx since the evolution days, I most say Revo has increasingly become a pain to move to live site. I've had to temporarily upload the static pages while I figure what to do. Shame! Hope you find a way.
        • discuss.answer
          • 143 Posts
          I finally got it loaded. I went back through the tutorial a few more times and I got it working. Not sure what I must have skipped, but its working.

I apologize for the dbl comment, but I am not even sure how that happened, as I did not remember posting the comment twice.
          • Dear wholein1, I'm happy for you! I guess there are perhaps too many changes to make that makes install a nightmare