We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    I am using the latest version of MODX - 2.5.1

I have installed the clientconfig extra and have set up a field with a fieldtype of 'richtext'. With CKeditor set as the editor, I type text in but it doesn't save it in the database. There are no errors in the log, the system shows the usual saved message. But it's gone when I refresh the page. If I select 'textarea' as the fieldtype, it does save it.

With TinyMCERTE installed instead of CKeditor, and 'richtext' set as the fieldtype, the text saves with no problem, but I cannot configure the toolbar options on the editor. Clientconfig puts up a more limited set of options that those that appear when editing a resource page with TinyMCERTE. In particular, there is no ability to add a link.

I've been digging around in the code a bit but can't find answers to either of these two problems. Has anyone else had these problems?

This question has been answered by modgod. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 18 Posts
      So after further digging, I realise that MODx isn't fully geared up for the use of rich text editors in chunks or other element-like items like those in clientConfig.
      • For cross-reference, there's an issue about this here: https://github.com/modmore/ClientConfig/issues/102

The issue is with CKEditor not updating the underlying textarea when its content is changed.
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.