We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 30 Posts
    Quote from: rob_liberty at Jul 25, 2016, 07:44 PM
    We found that TinyMCE was the culprit, switched over to "TinyMCE Rich Text Editor" extra and it fixed the problem.
    Nice one Rob... that fixed the issue... sweet.
      • 181 Posts
      Quote from: rainbowtiger at Jul 26, 2016, 02:06 PM
      I've tried both TinymceWrapper and TinyMCE Rich Text Editor, and neither of these allow me to use the full array of capabilities I get with the older TinyMCE plugin, including easily using my custom user.css styles for the editing area, and all the advanced HTML access in various tool palettes. I've also tried Redactor, and it falls far short as well.

Well, I guess this should be possible, but it means a little bit of investigation and work.

TinyMCE can be configured using the chunks in the category "TinymceWrapper > TinyMCE > Backend". The TinyMCE instance used for the content for example takes its settings from the chunks TinymceWrapperContent and TinymceWrapperCommonCode. You should be able to use any TinyMCE configuration options there. Here some links to start with:

I hope this helps.
        This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for higher security.
        • 118 Posts
        I experienced a similar issue after updating 2.3.1 > 2.4.0 > 2.5.0 > 2.5.1.

500 error in the Manager when attempting to update a Resource.

Failed Request Tracing (IIS) was no help, just showed a generic error.

Uninstalled TinyMCE Extra and replaced with TinyMCD Rich Text Editor but still got a 500 error on editing a Resource.

PHP error log showed
        PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '{snip}/core/components/tinymce/tinymce.class.php'

The Manager was trying to load the original TinyMCE editor.

Turned out the related Plugin was not removed during uninstall. Removing it manually resolved the issue.
          • 91 Posts
          Any updates on this problem for 2.6.3? I have the same problem with seemingly random resources. All appear in the tree, but only some can be opened for editing. Others lead to a blank space on the right (manager still shows, but no fields/details show for the resource). Quick update also impossible for those resources - no pop up. Duplication works, but the duplicates also can't be opened and edited, plus no option to view when right-clicking resource title in the resource tree.

Have removed TinyMCE and set everything to no rich text. Some resources load fine in the manager area. Others not at all, even after changing the template in PHPMyAdmin so it has the same template as the resources that load.

Error log just shows a string of PHPThumb "unable to generate thumb" errors that I guess are irrelevant.

core/cache emptied and browser refreshed. No joy. Modsec disabled. No joy.

The install is a new one using database material imported from another MODX 2.6.3 site. Second import after the first one had the same problem, hoping the second might fix it. No, same problem, but on different resources this time.

Any solutions?
            • 91 Posts
            How do you thank Bob Ray? Can you thank him enough?

Ran his fantastic SiteCheck, and it spotted a stupid mismatch between the declared database character set (in the config file) and the actual database character set. Edited the config file. Bingo!! No more blank random resources.

Thank you - again - Bob!
              • 24,544 Posts
              Thank you for the kind words, and for buying SiteCheck!
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting