We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 708 Posts
    Revo 2.5.0
    NewsPublisher 2.1.0
    TinymceWrapper 2.3.1

I have several front-end NP forms that work in conjunction with TinyMagicPublisher (part of the TinymceWrapper Extra).

Each form uses a variety of TVs with several TVs shared across multiple forms. With one glaring exception all the forms work beautifully.

The one problem form throws the NP error: "You are trying to use a TV that is not attached to this template". The message shows a total of 6 TVs. This is incorrect. I have verified numerous times that all 6 TVs are in fact assigned to that particular Template as configured under the Template Access tab of each of the TVs.

What's stranger is that the same 6 TVs are also assigned to a different Template, a Template which is nearly identical to the one that doesn't work, yet that one functions perfectly.

The only possible cause I can think of is that some of the 6 TVs had different names at one point. When the names were changed I updated all the relevant Templates and Chunks where the TV names where specified. But if this is in fact the cause I would think all the Templates where those TVs are used would fail the same, not just one of them.

If that's not the cause then maybe the db got twisted about somehow. I don't know.

I'm at my wits end. I just can't spot where the problem lies. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks

[ed. note: todd.b last edited this post 7 years, 9 months ago.]
      Todd
      • 1,145 Posts
      1. Check the spelling of each of 6 TVs. (no space, no dash, just regular A-Z and 0-9)
      NP has given me hell on that account.

2. Are those particular TVS really really really attached to said template wink

3. Leave it all for another day when you have fresher eyes to see what could possibly be an obvious duh
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.