We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 14 Posts
    [mxCalendar 1.1.11-pl]
    [ModX 2.7.0]
    I used mxCalendar with EVO and wanted to activate in REVO now.
    It is a great package and I got it to work almost properly with single events in REVO 2.7.0.
    Only &timeformat=`%H:%M` (or &dateformat=) seems not to have any affect on [[+startdate]] at the timedisplay of the event (tplEvent).

However I could not manage to show a repeating event. I tried in the Manager and I tried by phpmyadmin but could not find a way to show it.
    I think there are ONLY a few bugs and that could be fixed. I would look through the code myself but wanted to know before if there is a better version on the way.
      • 7 Posts
      Thank you for the latest update. I would like to share the issues that I have faced. I cannot get the description to save when adding/updating an event while using CkEditor.
      It seems to me that the only RTE plugin I can use successfully with mxCalendar is TinyMCE, but that plugin uses TinyMCE 3.4.7. I have tried with other TinyMCE plugins like TinymceWrapper, but mxCalendar doesn't take to that either and does not display the TinyMCE interface. Even if I could use TinymceWrapper successfully, that is not an option with the company I work with, because TinymceWrapper only loads its TinyMCE resources from the cdn. Our company does not like cross-site loaded resources and there is no way for me to use a local source of TinyMCE unless I hack the plugin and don't ever have it check for updates because of the hack.

In short, I see and can use CkEditor with mxCalendars - is it possible that you could look into making sure that my event descriptions can be saved while using CkEditor, please?
      • Quote from: smorris at Jun 15, 2016, 03:36 PM
        Is the support for this plugin dying?

This is one of the best Calendar Plugins I have recently found that is very flexible while not being to complex. There are just hurdles when installing it into newer modx versions. Sucks if so...

:(

Apologies, not sure why I'm just now seeing this. Let me know if you are still looking for a solution, I'm happy to help.

Cheers
          Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
          Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
        • Quote from: playcock at Jan 24, 2019, 08:49 PM
          Thank you for the latest update. I would like to share the issues that I have faced. I cannot get the description to save when adding/updating an event while using CkEditor.
          It seems to me that the only RTE plugin I can use successfully with mxCalendar is TinyMCE, but that plugin uses TinyMCE 3.4.7. I have tried with other TinyMCE plugins like TinymceWrapper, but mxCalendar doesn't take to that either and does not display the TinyMCE interface. Even if I could use TinymceWrapper successfully, that is not an option with the company I work with, because TinymceWrapper only loads its TinyMCE resources from the cdn. Our company does not like cross-site loaded resources and there is no way for me to use a local source of TinyMCE unless I hack the plugin and don't ever have it check for updates because of the hack.

In short, I see and can use CkEditor with mxCalendars - is it possible that you could look into making sure that my event descriptions can be saved while using CkEditor, please?

Certainly, I'll get that added to the log. I've opened an issue to track this on git hub https://github.com/CharlesMx/mxCalendar/issues/190
            Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
            Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
            • 7 Posts
            Thank you CharlesMx!
              • 60 Posts
              sebastian-marinescu Reply #16, 5 years, 1 month ago
              Hi CharlesMX,

thanks for getting back at us here.
              I didn't read your posts here until now, because I wasn't subscribed to this thread...fixed that now smiley

Because I was in strong need of a working calendar-solution, I fixed a lot of stuff - some things are also mentioned here.
              I also added a PR to GitHub with my changes and I'd help on however I can, if you need help.

With best regards,
              Sebastian