We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hello!

What I want to do is allow the content editor to be able to edit the language lexicons for a specific namespace.

In the access policy template I gave them access to the lexicon and the language setting listed above that. Then in the user group I gave them access to the namespace.

Unfortunately the result was that they could see all namespaces in the lexicon EXCEPT for the one assigned to them via user group.

What would be the right approach to this? I don't want to have to add all other namespaces to the administrator user group because that would be a ton of clicking. But maybe that is the only way to shut out the content editor user group?

Benjamin Davis: American web designer living in Munich, Germany and a MODX Ambassador. I am also co-founder of SEDA.digital, a MODX Agency.
      • 24,544 Posts
      I don't think that you can limit lexicon access by namespace. I could be wrong.

Unfortunately, there's no System Event that I know of that fires in Lexicon Management, so a plugin wouldn't do it either.

The only thing I can think of is a front-end form or CMP that lets the users edit the lexicon strings, with a custom snippet to save the changes. MIGX might be helpful for that.

If adding the other namespaces to the Admin group (and not adding the one assigned to the user anywhere) works, you could maybe write a utility snippet that adds any namespace except that one to the admin group.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting