We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    Quote from: Bruno17 at Jun 01, 2016, 07:15 PM
    you can create a textarea-clientConfig for your user instaed of a chunk and don't let him edit Chunks at all.

I've created some rich text text-areas and they are working fine. But I can't see how the logged-on editor accesses them to update the content. As the Administrator I can get to them via the Extras/Configuration menu. Ideally, I'd like the editors to access them from the Resources list. Is this possible? Sorry for newbie question. Still getting my head around how it all works.
      • 18 Posts
      OK, I've changed the permissions for content editors so that they can now see the 'Extras' menu and update the clientconfig fields. Making progress....

Have now switched the option from the Extras menu to the Content menu and renamed the menu text (via the lexicon) so that it is customised to my users. That should probably do it. [ed. note: modgod last edited this post 7 years, 11 months ago.]
        • 24,544 Posts
        Another way to go would be to put the section they can edit in a TV (or several TVs) and use NewsPublisher to let them edit it in the front end. That would hide everything (including the Manager) except the stuff you want them to be able to edit.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 18 Posts
          Thanks for the tip, I'll look at that as well. So many ways to do things......