We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 144 Posts
    Hi,

I've done a standard modx 2.4.4 install, and several times during one hour, I get this error message in a "pop up":

Code: 0 communication failure
    undefined

Anybody tips why ?

thank you
      • 144 Posts
      nodbody any idea why this error keeps happening ?

After this happens, my resource tree is completely empty ...

Then when I refresh my browser I see the resources again.

Any help would be appreciated.
        • 24,544 Posts
        It can be a browser issue that clearing your browser cache and cookies might fix, but I doubt it, since it works when you refresh the page.

One possible cause is a timeout caused by an overloaded server or a slow internet connection. If it takes about 30 seconds for the message to show up, that would make it likely that this is the issue.

Is there a particular place in the Manager where this shows up (e.g., the Dashboard or Package Manager grid)?
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 144 Posts
          Quote from: BobRay at May 30, 2016, 06:41 AM
          It can be a browser issue that clearing your browser cache and cookies might fix, but I doubt it, since it works when you refresh the page.

One possible cause is a timeout caused by an overloaded server or a slow internet connection. If it takes about 30 seconds for the message to show up, that would make it likely that this is the issue.

Is there a particular place in the Manager where this shows up (e.g., the Dashboard or Package Manager grid)?

Hi,

I have a VPS server which is lightning fast, so speed can't be the issue here.

This error occurs always in the "page manager" (the tab on the left).

thanks for the expertise Bob
            • 24,544 Posts

Sorry, I'm not sure what that means. Do you mean the Resource Tree?

Try going to the System Settings grid and putting 'feed' in the search box at the upper right. Turn off the two feeds and see if that helps.
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • 144 Posts
              Quote from: BobRay at May 31, 2016, 06:08 PM

Sorry, I'm not sure what that means. Do you mean the Resource Tree?

Try going to the System Settings grid and putting 'feed' in the search box at the upper right. Turn off the two feeds and see if that helps.

Hi,

Thanks for your tip, I applied it.

Sadly, I still get that error sometimes, and the resourcetree is empty then.