We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 128 Posts
    Hi -

I’m having a problem with Xinha that could cause major issues over the long term unless a solution is found.

When using the shorthand code for weblinks in a document

<a href="[~3~]">Link Text</a>

Upon a save, Xinha changes it to this:

<a href="http://mysitename.com/manager/[~3~]">Link Text</a>

Something in Xinha is hardcoding the name of the domain and the "manager" folder path. When I open the document to edit it, I find that Xinha has changed it as above.

Here is my install specifics:

- TinyMCE also installed but not being used
    - FURL settings have been under two different scenarios

1. friendly urls yes - friendly aliases yes - friendly alias path no - duplicate aliases no - auto generate alias yes
    2. friendly urls yes - friendly aliases yes - friendly alias path no - duplicate aliases no - auto generate alias no

Is there an official way for me to report this bug?

No responses to this post when posted in the Rich Text Forum -- moved here so it can be seen more widely!
    • Xinha has not seen any development that I’m aware of in a long time (for MODx RTEs). Most efforts have targetted TinyMCE and to a lesser extent FCK Editor.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 128 Posts
        thanks Ryan.

sorry to hear that, I really love the way Xinha is working (other than this error I’m experiencing.)

of the two (TinyMCE and FCKeditor) which one would you say is the simplest, easiest, most usable for the end non-tech-oriented users?

Musts are: font size, font color, bold, underline, left/center/right align, link, and have a button to see the HTML code.
        And all of these (especially size and color) have to work well and function as close to MS Word as possible.

If MODx could use the same rich text editor as this bulletin board it would be perfect!

Anything other features are optional and probably completely unnecessary (and a barrier to ease) for most of my end user clients.
        Especially annoying are the rich text editors that have the user pick a "style sheet" setting (H1, H2, Normal) instead of having the more Word-like font size button.
        • Use TinyMCE with the content editor configuration. You won’t like a lot of it but the code it outputs is relatively solid. You can customize it’s configuration to your liking though.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me