We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    I have inherited a large website managed by MODX Revolution. I am trying to figure out a way to find and replace text within resources.

We recently moved to HTTPS and of course there are tons of embedded YouTube videos and other things using HTTP and I would love to change them all over in one fell swoop. Any advice?

Thanks!
      • 247 Posts
      If you have database access via phpMyAdmin (or similar) the fastest way is to export the site_content table and use a good text editor to find/replace the strings you need to and then re-import the table. Definitely not the safest method, but it works. There used to be an add-on called Janitor that had a find/replace function (don't know if it's still supported) but I recall it being a bit dangerous as well. No matter what you do, be darn sure you back everything up first.
        • 24,544 Posts
        Another way to go (also not that safe), is to export the database to a .SQL file in PhpMyAdmin (that's the default for export).

Edit the file with a text editor either with bulk search-and-replace, or do them one at a time (you won't want to change external links). Then import them DB with PhpMyAdmin.

Delete all files in the core/cache directory before logging back in to MODX. You may also want to delete your browser cache and cookies.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 7 Posts
          Thanks, I have been contemplating this option. I will make a database backup and give it a shot.