We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 168 Posts
    MODX 2.5
    friendly_urls Yes
    friendly_urls_strict No
    use_alias_path Yes
    use_frozen_parent_uris Yes

Discovered a bug with use_frozen_parent_uris on. Will submit on Github shortly.

TLDR: Resources two levels deep inside containers with Freeze URI on don't display properly.

I have MODX installed in the root of my site. I have a Home resource, freeze URI is set to "/". Inside Home I have some resources one of which is also a container, so it looks like this:

Home (container)
    -> Disclaimer
    -> Privacy
    -> Users (container)
    ----> Login
    ----> Register

The Disclaimer page views properly at domain.com/disclaimer.

There are two problems:

1. Smaller problem: When I view the Login page, in the address bar I see domain.com//users/login (two slashes) but more importantly...
    2. Bigger problem: The content that I see is the 'front' template which is attached ONLY to the Home page. Why would this happen?

Now if I move the Login document outside the Users container (and after clearing cache), it displays fine.

So what I needed to do was remove the Freeze URI from the Home resource and change the Freeze URI to ON for Users (set to 'users/') and for all the child resources (because I want to see /disclaimer rather than /home/disclaimer)...and now domain.com/users/login works.