We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 25 Posts
    Hi.
    I am getting this error:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method StercSEO::isAllowed() in /home/fireflytheatre/core/cache/includes/elements/modplugin/13.include.cache.php on line 139

after and attempted upgrade.

I've tried to send a ticket in to MODX, and have had no reply for two days. My site has been down for almost a week.

Revo 2.3.3
      • 24,544 Posts
      The plugin with the ID of 13 (presumably Sterc SEO) is causing your problem. If you disable it, you may be back in business. It's possible that the plugin is not compatible with the version you upgraded to.

If you can't get into the Manager, you can disable it in the modx_site_plugins table in the DB.

After disabling the plugin, you may have to manually delete all files in the core/cache directory before things will work.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 25 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at May 12, 2016, 10:38 PM
        The plugin with the ID of 13 (presumably Sterc SEO) is causing your problem. If you disable it, you may be back in business. It's possible that the plugin is not compatible with the version you upgraded to.

If you can't get into the Manager, you can disable it in the modx_site_plugins table in the DB.

After disabling the plugin, you may have to manually delete all files in the core/cache directory before things will work.

Thanks, Bob. I was able to delete that file. But here was another when I went to edit a resource:
        Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: Smarty::$_CHARSET in /home/fireflytheatre/core/model/smarty/plugins/modifiercompiler.escape.php on line 37

I am not sure if I should delete that too.
          Revo 2.3.3
          • 24,544 Posts
          You shouldn't be deleting files. You should have just disabled the plugin so it doesn't execute.

It looks like you have error reporting set to include E_STRICT errors. Changing that might fix things.

You could also try commenting out line 37 of that /home/fireflytheatre/core/model/smarty/plugins/modifiercompiler.escape.php file:

// $char_set = smarty_literal_compiler_param($params, 2, Smarty::$_CHARSET);

and adding this below it:

$char_set = smarty_literal_compiler_param($params, 2, Smarty::$_SMARTY_RESOURCE_CHAR_SET);

You'll also have to change line 41:

from

$char_set = Smarty::$_CHARSET;

to

$char_set = Smarty::$_SMARTY_RESOURCE_CHAR_SET;

This looks like a bug in the Smarty code, but I don't know why it's just hitting you.
            My MODX Extras
            • 24,544 Posts
            Ah. I see this has been fixed in later versions of MODX, so upgrading to 2.4.0 and then 2.4.4 would probably solve it. I'd recommend upgrading with the UpgradeMODX widget extra.
              My MODX Extras
              • 25 Posts
              Quote from: BobRay at May 12, 2016, 11:28 PM
              Ah. I see this has been fixed in later versions of MODX, so upgrading to 2.4.0 and then 2.4.4 would probably solve it. I'd recommend upgrading with the UpgradeMODX widget extra.

Thanks again Bob.

Sadly, the upgrade widget only gets me 2.4.1, which I tried and was met with only the option to do a new install, which I did with some trepidation. Sadly, I was met with this when I tried to test the database:
              Checking database: Table prefix is already in use in this database!

John
                Revo 2.3.3
                • 24,544 Posts
                That's very strange. The only time Setup wants to do a new install is when it can't find the config file (by default at: core/config/config.inc.php) or that file is empty. What you saw shouldn't be caused by the widget either, since it only copies the MODX files (which don't include the config file), and than launches Setup.

By default, the widget only shows 5 versions, but you can change that in the properties.

BTW, you should never agree to a new install on an existing site. You're lucky it balked at the table prefix.
                  My MODX Extras
                  • 25 Posts
                  Hi. Just to finish up.

Here's what I ended up doing:
                  I exported my DB from MySqlAdmin, and then overwrote with a new prefix. Did a clean install of MODX with a new table prefix. Terrifying, but at least it was there. Then, I imported the DB back in to MySql. Uploaded a clean setup folder, ran the setup. And there was all of my work in a newer version of MODX (2.4.1). Still had errors, with SercSeo (I think it was), so I thought why not re-install those packages. Done. Everything back and working.

It's been a very long week. This is not a big website relatively speaking, but it would have been a pain to rebuild.

Don't know how this could have been avoided.

Thanks again, Bob. Everyone here is very helpful. Jay at MODX gave me this somewhat terrifying advice, and was very helpful.

John
                    Revo 2.3.3
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    I glad you got it sorted. Thanks for reporting back. smiley
                      My MODX Extras