We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 123 Posts
    We have a Formit form on our website that was working great until recently. The form information is supposed to get sent to our company email address but this doesn't happen anymore. I've tested it to send to a gmail address and than it works fine. So it seems to me that something is happened on the hosting side and I want to find out what it could've been so I can ask the Godaddy tech support the right questions.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks very much in advance!

• 91 Posts
      Quote from: redhen at May 05, 2016, 08:49 PM
      We have a Formit form on our website that was working great until recently. The form information is supposed to get sent to our company email address but this doesn't happen anymore. I've tested it to send to a gmail address and than it works fine. So it seems to me that something is happened on the hosting side and I want to find out what it could've been so I can ask the Godaddy tech support the right questions.

We ran into a similar problem a month or so ago. All was well, and then nothing got through. Our problem was that if the sending domain doesn't match the "sent by" domain, many ISPs (and Google), block it.

In any event, it was the receiving ISP that was the problem, as you've surmised. The headers of the rejected email (are you getting reject messages?), should indicate the reason clearly enough for an ISP to work out what's wrong if your problem isn't the same as ours.
        MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (traditional)

Hosted on MODX Cloud

• 24,544 Posts
        I had a similar problem with email that was being forwarded from my host to a Gmail address. Gmail is now refusing to accept forwarded email from some hosts (Bluehost in my case), and there's no bounce message -- the mail just disappears into a black hole.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 123 Posts
          Quote from: nicboyde at May 05, 2016, 10:13 PM
          Quote from: redhen at May 05, 2016, 08:49 PM

We ran into a similar problem a month or so ago. All was well, and then nothing got through. Our problem was that if the sending domain doesn't match the "sent by" domain, many ISPs (and Google), block it.

In any event, it was the receiving ISP that was the problem, as you've surmised. The headers of the rejected email (are you getting reject messages?), should indicate the reason clearly enough for an ISP to work out what's wrong if your problem isn't the same as ours.
          Hi Nic,
          No we're not getting reject messages. I'm using the hook "FormItSaveForm", so I now that a form has been submitted even though it's not being emailed to us.
            • 123 Posts
            Quote from: BobRay at May 06, 2016, 05:09 AM
            I had a similar problem with email that was being forwarded from my host to a Gmail address. Gmail is now refusing to accept forwarded email from some hosts (Bluehost in my case), and there's no bounce message -- the mail just disappears into a black hole.
            Hi Bob,
            In our case, I tested it with with a gmail address and it worked fine. The problem is it doesn't get sent to our company email. I guess I have to try my luck with Godaddy tech support wink.
              • 24,544 Posts
              I *really* hate messing with email. Good luck. smiley
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting