We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    I can't think of any easy way to do it.

You could make "forgot password" (maybe "Trouble logging in?" would be better) a link to your own page with a snippet that would validate the username and email, then send a new activation link (with code borrowed from the Register snippet).

Personally, though, if I were having this trouble often, I'd consider extending the time limit to several days, or even a week, with the &activationttl property of the Register snippet.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 88 Posts
      thanks again Bob! appreciate your time & responses.

i agree. i'll just up that time & let it play out & see what happens.

that gives me an idea tho - i think i will change the text to "Trouble logging in?" & customize the forgot pwd page to add some text of common problems (that are usually user-error) with suggestions on what to do. hopefully that will also cut down on my time.

.peace.
        • 1,154 Posts
        The dirty little secret is that login extra is probably the most in need of re-writing, because its so basic and important, and because its quite finicky and often comes up with random problems.
          • 1 Posts
          Changes that solve those problems have been submitted. They will be part of MODX 2.7 and/or MODX 3