We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,078 Posts
    You know what. You're right!

Here's what I was using... and it actually works. [[+image:pthumb=`w=1000&h=400&zc=1`]]

So Sebastian, on another post had written his with no height, and he put & in front of the w. I just tried that but left in zc=1. [[+image:pthumb=`&w=1000&zc=1`]]
    This not so good. Image got huge and wacked out.

But... removed zoom crop and the image fits in the oribt slider just like it did before only... less numbers and coding to keep track of in all the variations.
    [[+image:pthumb=`&w=1000`]]

Thank you for mentioning that only the width was needed!
      • 1,078 Posts
      I ignored your mention of PictureFill. Yani.SanMiguel was super helpful with my getting pThumb and PictureFill to work.

Yanni's suggestion to get smoother transitions is to set the previous width to be equal to the next data-media width jump.

current image width 800
      next data-media width 800
      current image width 1000
      next data-media width 1000

<span data-src="[[+image:pthumb=`w=400&h=267&zc=1`]]"></span>
        <span data-src="[[+image:pthumb=`w=800&h=533&zc=1`]]" data-media="(min-width: 400px)"></span>
        <span data-src="[[+image:pthumb=`w=1000&h=666&zc=1`]]" data-media="(min-width: 800px)"></span>
        <span data-src="[[+image:pthumb=`w=1400&h=933&zc=1`]]" data-media="(min-width: 1000px)"></span>

I agree. Lots of new stuff! I'm not learning to swim, just swimming out into deeper water!:)

Quote from: troubadour at Apr 08, 2014, 09:50 AM
      ho cool, i use pthumb but not picturefill !
      will have a look at that smiley

it's hard those last weeks, lots of new stuff in modx, foundation,JS, Responsive,... it's hard to follow sometimes !

http://forums.modx.com/thread/89474/resize-image-and-display-attributes