We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 74 Posts
    Hi out there:

I just upgraded a site from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6 and now I get the following error at the top of my manager dashboard:

Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (xml declaration not at start of external entity at line 1, column 1) in /home/site/public_html/core/model/modx/xmlrss/rssfetch.class.php on line 237

Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /home/site/public_html/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.modx-news.php on line 28

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/site/public_html/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.modx-news.php on line 28

Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (xml declaration not at start of external entity at line 1, column 1) in /home/site/public_html/core/model/modx/xmlrss/rssfetch.class.php on line 237

Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /home/site/public_html/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.modx-security.php on line 25

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/site/public_html/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.modx-security.php on line 25

I've never really had any problem upgrading before, so I'm a bit flummoxed. Any suggestions?

Running fine otherwise.

Thanks
      • 793 Posts
      Go to System Settings, enter "feed" into Search by key and set the settings MODX News Feed Enabled and MODX Security Feed Enabled to NO.

The problem is that MODX wants to show these feeds on the start page of the dashboard. And sometimes these are not found, f.i. in case you have a local installation and no connection to the web.

Edit:
      Maybe there is a problem at MODX's side, see this thread. [ed. note: ottogal last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
        • 74 Posts
        Thank you ottogal.

I turned off the feeds for now and will wait to see if the issue gets resolved.
          • 573 Posts
          I got this today on a modx site, I think maybe just the feed was down as I had made no changes.
            • 573 Posts
            I got this today on a modx site, I think maybe just the feed was down as I had made no changes.
            • There was indeed an issue with the feeds which has now been resoled.
                Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
              • Interesting, my local 2.2.5 and my Cloud 2.2.6 installations didn't show any errors, they just didn't show the feeds either. Is that something that was implemented in the code?
                  Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                  Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                  Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                • It depends on the error reporting settings, pretty sure Cloud is configured to not show errors but just to log them to the logs directory. Localhosts typically do show errors, but that's often easy to disable as well.
                    Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.