We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    Hi guys,

One of my clients today alerted me to the MODX news feeds not showing up on the dashboard of the manager. Sure enough, I logged in and reproduced. It's as if I went into the dashboard settings and just removed the feeds altogether. They are on Revo version 2.2.0. I tried two of my other MODX clients, one also on Revo 2.2.0 and the other on Revo 2.2.4, and they both exhibit the same behavior, although the 2.2.4 site was also throwing error messages (see below). Without being able to fix it immediately, I figured it was about time for a version upgrade anyway, so one site is now on 2.2.6. Not only has the problem not gone away, but now I have the same error messages as the 2.2.4 site:

Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (Reserved XML Name at line 1, column 38) in core/model/modx/xmlrss/rssfetch.class.php on line 237

Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.modx-news.php on line 28

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.modx-news.php on line 28

Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (Reserved XML Name at line 1, column 38) in core/model/modx/xmlrss/rssfetch.class.php on line 237

Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.modx-security.php on line 25

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.modx-security.php on line 25

When I view either news feed in Firefox, I do not see Firefox's usual RSS feed styling; it's just unformatted text with BBCode and Javascript errors, interestingly. Google Reader is a little more successful, but the BBCode is still there. Is something going on over at MODX HQ? Maybe Feedburner is burning? Don't think it's me or our copies of MODX!

This question has been answered by multiple community members. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      No, it's not you. Something is wrong with the feeds.
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
      • Yes, I have the same problem...a quick solution could be to disable rss for the moment?
          TilliLab | MODX Ambassador
          website
          • 15 Posts
          Thanks sottwell!
          Quote from: tillilab at Dec 06, 2012, 03:34 PM
          Yes, I have the same problem...a quick solution could be to disable rss for the moment?
          That's what I've done for my clients' sites for now.
          • discuss.answer
            Feeds are back, sorry about that.
              Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
              • 15 Posts
              Thanks guys!