We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    how do I get the tagging system to work (display) on my site? How does &tagMode and &tags work? What do they do exactly?

I would like to accomplish one of the following if possible??

1. Have an image search form which would bring a list of images if the search term matched one of the image tags.

2. Display a tag cloud based on the tags of the images.

Either one of those would work for me, and my client would be thrilled because Evogallery is perfect for them. Would love hear your thoughts on this. Thank you! Loving Evogallery tons! Hope it sticks around a while. I am even learning javascript so that one day I can contribute and help with the module!
      Please forgive me. I'm still very new to MODX smiley
      • 15 Posts
      no one?? If not, can you please point me in the direction I need to follow to accomplish this, even using other means? Thank you [ed. note: rockoman last edited this post 11 years, 6 months ago.]
        • 928 Posts
        I hadn't looked at Evogallery before this, it has some nice features. I'll try it out later, but it looks to me as if your first requirement should be achievable with what's built in and a little bit of form handling, to generate a snippet call with the &tags parameter set to the selected ones and &tagMode set to AND if you need all the given tags to be on the image, or OR if you want to match on any of the tags.

Do you want the image search to be on the front end?
        :) KP [ed. note: kp52 last edited this post 11 years, 6 months ago.]
          • 15 Posts
          Thanks for the reply!!! It def. is super easy to use for the client. No hassle and very flexible.

So, I would set &tags to a variable which holds what was input into the search form? Sorry, I'm still pretty new to all of this. I understand &tagMode from what you're saying (makes sense to me).

Yes, I want the image search on the front end.
            • 195 Posts
            Hey guys,

Anyone else having problems with the drag-and-drop sorting in EvoGallery using IE10? The feature doesn't seem to be working in that browser.. I'm thinking whether a simple Jquery/mootools update will do the trick or if that's going to break other features of the module...
              • 892 Posts
              Dear all. I am Japanese user.
              First, I thank Evogallery very much. This is nice program.!

Now I am trying to translate language from English to Japanese.
              Then I have a trouble. Characters are not displayed correctly at part.
              Japanese is a multi-byte character. Is it problem?

thanks. [ed. note: MEGU last edited this post 11 years, 1 month ago.]
                • 195 Posts
                Hi Megu,

Tried looking into your problem and found out a couple of things:

If you use that and try to convert something like "ファイルを選択" in the tool below

http://rishida.net/tools/conversion/

It'll show up as \uxxxx characters.

When JSON is passed to Flash, this text is converted to that in Flash, and it's being literally displayed in Flash. I'm thinking you'll need to edit the uploadify.fla and produce something for your own needs. You can try editing it if you have Flash:

• Change the embed font of the buttonText object, choose the specific characters to embed (Japanese-related characters in your case) and change this to htmlText if needed. Save as your own version of uploadify.swf and change upload.js.tpl's referring 'uploader' object property if you chose a different name.
                • In the upload.js.tpl, look for 'buttonText' object property and try converting the string with encodeURIComponent().

I'm thinking you need to a converter - either one that can convert JS unicode to what Flash can read as unicode text, or if the urlencode works, you might not need to do that anymore. I was testing this out until I had issues when compiling the swf file (JSON import errors), so I couldn't test it further.

Also, if you look at the ActionScript portion, there's the part about the buttonText taking in a variable with unescape() applied. You might to look into changing this as well.

Hope that helps and sorry I can't help any further tongue

EDIT: Look at this:

http://www.uploadify.com/forums/discussion/5498/method-to-use-chinese-and-korean-characters-in-buttontext/p1 [ed. note: diatomin last edited this post 11 years, 1 month ago.]
                  • 892 Posts
                  Dear diatomin,
                  Thank you for answering soon and very carefully!

I read your talk over repeatedly.
                  Because I can not understand English and program well.
                  Also, I can not understand Flash..
                  I downloaded Adobe Flash CS6 trial version ,so I tried many things.
                  Ah..sad, I can not solve this problem because my knowledge is insufficient.

http://www.uploadify.com/forums/discussion/5498/method-to-use-chinese-and-korean-characters-in-buttontext/p1

Thank you, the above link.
                  I also tried those.

I thank you very very much.
                  -------------------------------------------
                  Addition:
                  I can solve!! I am glad very much!
                  I tried the following:
                  1.Convert the characters.
                  "ファイルを選択" > %E5%8F%82%E7%85%A7(Percent encoding for URIs)
                  http://rishida.net/tools/conversion/
                  2.Paste in japanes-utf8.inc.php.
                  3.Look the following page and Modify (and embed font).
                  http://www.uploadify.com/forums/discussion/5498/method-to-use-chinese-and-korean-characters-in-buttontext/p1
                  4.Export to uploadify.swf
                  5.Upload 3 files by FTP client.

I thank you very much again! [ed. note: MEGU last edited this post 11 years, 1 month ago.]
                    • 195 Posts
                    Cool! Glad that did the trick for you! \^o^/
                      • 34 Posts
                      Quote from: fourroses666 at Sep 07, 2012, 03:28 PM
                      Change host smiley

This is the single most stupid, un-researched, harmful, and naive comment I have read for quite some time.

Or perhaps I'm over-reacting, because it's because I have been tearing my hair out for a number of months and spent countless late nights trying to get to the heart of why my web server, which hosts about 10 sites, keeps getting compromised. When I say compromised, I mean, hackers have managed to basically take control of my OS, steal passwords, and use it to send hundreds of thousands of spam messages, thus almost getting my VPS shut down on a number of occasions.

I have been in the unenviable position of having to keep a whole number of websites running for my clients whilst my webserver has practically buckled under the sheer load of what I initially thought were denial of service attacks... either way they used about 1TB bandwidth in a month. My use before the server got compromised was hardly even a 20th of that amount!

Why?

Because of the exploit ... in Evogallery.

This evening I finally traced the exploit to the uploadify script in my web server logs:

POST /assets/modules/evogallery/js/uploadify/uploadify.php HTTP/1.1

The files that they posted to the root of the virtual directory in question were base 64 encoded files - yes, that's right: Remote Access Trojans.

So yes - the original poster's host, Boomerang, not only were right about that, but they should be commended for actually being proactive in their approach to their customers' security.

As for that one-line: "change host" - wow. What can I say?